Electronic Hearing Protection

This is a discussion on Electronic Hearing Protection within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I also have the Howard Leights, but I got mine free with reward points on my debit card. I love them and am hoping to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Electronic Hearing Protection

I also have the Howard Leights, but I got mine free with reward points on my debit card. I love them and am hoping to accrue enough points soon to get my wife a pair as well.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

I have some $350 Peltors, they have done extremely well, and lasted quite awhile. Amplification, etc. is all good.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I'm not sure you get MORE for the higher priced 'muffs.' Check them out on Amazon where you can get several people rating each brand/model.
    Try to find one that gives you a NRR of 30 db. Some are as low as 23 db and that is only about 1/4 the noise reduction of 30 db. You might want to use foam ear plugs as well as 'muffs.' Gunshots log in at about 140+ db and nearing loss can start at 85 db. You would like, therefore to have aobut 55 db of total attenuation. That's pretty hard to get even with the combo of muffs and plugs.

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    I just picked up the Howard Leight 1030110 Sync Noise Blocking Stereo Earmuffs.

These aren't really "electronic" per se, but you can plug them into your iPhone, mp3 player, etc. Which is what I did. Made for a very nice day shooting out at the range. As long as you don't crank up the volume too much, you can still hear range commands. Comfortable and the noise reduction is fine (25db).
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Administrator
    Just FYI (as per their most recent newsletter) Brownell's has a set out now & the stuff they put their name on is always excellent.
    As a PLUS 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. If you just plain "don't like" anything you buy from Brownell's - you get fully refunded - with a smile.

The only real issue that I can see is that the "N" batteries are sometimes difficult to find.
    You can easily order a few of them on line though if they are tough to find in your area.

$139.00

Brownells Pro Series Hearing Protection feature DLSC technology that protects hearing while letting you hear softer sounds
    Fast "attack time" reacts/recovers in less than 5.5 milliseconds
    Stereo for true directional sound detection
    Multi-directional microphones provide 360 degrees of hearing
    Independent volume controls
    Replaceable proform leather ear seals
    Comfortable, adjustable, padded headband
    Modular design for easy care
    Slim, contoured cup design
    200 hours minimum battery life
    Uses common "N" size alkaline batteries
    Batteries included
    Made in the USA
    3 year warranty

TSiWRX likes this.

My wife bought me an expensive pair of Peltors a few years ago and every time I went to use them the batteries needed to be replaced. Switched back to old fashion $25.00 ears.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    I just picked up the Howard Leight 1030110 Sync Noise Blocking Stereo Earmuffs.

These aren't really "electronic" per se, but you can plug them into your iPhone, mp3 player, etc. Which is what I did. Made for a very nice day shooting out at the range. As long as you don't crank up the volume too much, you can still hear range commands. Comfortable and the noise reduction is fine (25db).
    My wife ordered me a pair of these off of Amazon. I used them yesterday at a IDPA introduction and they worked great. Thanks to all for your responses to my question.
    SCGunLover1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links