Mid-Size (and mid-priced) Range Bag

This is a discussion on Mid-Size (and mid-priced) Range Bag within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's time I moved beyond my beat-up leather computer briefcase and got a real bag for toting my firearms. There are some dang nice range ...

Thread: Mid-Size (and mid-priced) Range Bag

Mid-Size (and mid-priced) Range Bag

It's time I moved beyond my beat-up leather computer briefcase and got a real bag for toting my firearms.

There are some dang nice range bags out there, but money limitations don't permit buying one of those right now....so I don't want to be going much over $60. I want something that will hold 2, maybe 3 pistols for taking to the range. Nothing huge.

I have been diligent about viewing the other threads on this forum, but some of them get pretty old and I want to make sure I'm getting info on current equipment. I've looked at the MidwayUSA competition range bag - is this still a good option (and does it ever go on sale)? Any other recommendations?
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
    - Plato

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Don't know if this is large enough for you, I got one as a gift...no complaints at all
    MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag - MidwayUSA
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Don't know if this is large enough for you, I got one as a gift...no complaints at all
    That is what I would recommend. Own two. Love them.

Here is what I have and it's ON SALE
    LAPG Tactical Bail Out Gear Bag Best Seller!

I really love my larger Midway bag.

With either it or the "Compact," wait until it goes on-sale, which happens not infrequently at all (at least a couple of times a year, if not more). You can get the bigger bag for the price of the "Compact," or the latter discounted even further.

Awesome....I think I'll wait for the larger MidwayUSA bag to go on sale, and I might just buy that LAPG bug-out bag for a smaller range bag because that is one crazy sale on that thing. Sale ends at 2pm today, so I've got to decide quickly!

Thanks for the help.
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
    - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by GunKeen View Post
    Awesome....I think I'll wait for the larger MidwayUSA bag to go on sale, and I might just buy that LAPG bug-out bag for a smaller range bag because that is one crazy sale on that thing. Sale ends at 2pm today, so I've got to decide quickly!

Thanks for the help.
    I can vouch for the quality of the LAPG bag. Extremely rugged, heavy duty zippers and stitching, very nice overall. I am very pleased with mine, and I am picking up a couple on sale today for Christmas presents!
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    That is the best suggestion here for a true range bag.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

+1 for the Midway bags.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

Definitely got 2 of the LAPG bug-outs...one for me and one for a gift - that's a great deal and now I don't have to think of a gift for my dad at Christmas. Might kick myself later on for not getting one for my brother, too.

The MidwayUSA bag is certainly in my future - I just signed up for their emails and I'll wait for the sale. Thanks again!
    - Plato

Links