The First Ever DC Suppressor Group Buy

This is a discussion on The First Ever DC Suppressor Group Buy within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been selling lots of suppressors and it seems to be a really popular thing right now. The Suppressor Industry is changing and it is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The First Ever DC Suppressor Group Buy

Senior Moderator

I've been selling lots of suppressors and it seems to be a really popular thing right now. The Suppressor Industry is changing and it is to our benefit. What used to be a handful of big operations that could name what ever price they wanted to for a suppressor is all of a sudden being confronted by a lot of Mom and Pop shops with CNC machines in garages or shops behind their house with prices that are blowing the big competitors away and in many cases the quality and efficiency is improved.

Its never been any better. Suppressors are getting smaller and quieter. Some great designs have been coming out and advances in machining techiques are making them cheaper to produce. Since the Mom amd Pop shops dont have large facility with lots of rent, employess,overhead and everything that you have to account for in the final price, they are getting cheaper than they ever have been.

So, here is what I am going to do. I am offering a .22 suppressor that 6 inches long ,a bit over 1 inch in diameter that is equal to or better than most of the suppressors on the market. These have been recently tested using some high grade sound metering equipment and they sound very good.

These are made by Huntertown Arms and it is called the Guardian.Normal retail is 229$ plus 10 bucks to ship for a total of 239.00. I will offer them here for 185.00 This is a savings of over 50.00 bucks and includes shipping and any tax that may be incurred. A great suppressor for less than 200 bucks that performs like tthe most popular ones that cost from 300-350.

Huntertown Arms - Suppressors for everyone

All you have to do is PM me to let me know that you want one and send me a check. When the suppressor arrives, I will notify you with the serial number so that you and your Class 2 or 3 dealer can get the Form 4 going and I will send it to your dealer where you will pick it up when the Form 4 arrives. For those that are new to the process this is the Form that is submitted to the ATF with the required 200$ transfer tax. When that is approved, your dealer gets the Form, he calls you up, gives you the Form4 and your new can and you are good to go. It must go to a dealer that deals in NFA items and the whole process can take anywhere from 2-6 months depending on the ATF agent assigned to your area and of course, you must be qualified and it must be legal in your state. The Form 4 is filled out in duplicate and requires a set of fingerprints, a CLEO signoff and a 2x2 picture must be affixed to each form.An form that certifies that you are an American Citizen goes with it also. One of the forms stays on file with the ATF and is their permanent record, the other comes back to you with a tax stamp on it. Not a big deal really, it sounds worse than it is. This form is good for the life of the suppressor and it can be attached to any gun that has the proper threads.

Suppressors are getting popular for several reasons. Urban sprawl, hunting with them is legal in some states and if you want to teach your kids to shoot, it is easier on them,plus, they are just cool to have.

A video comparison...
    bigdog44 likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    I've been "on the fence" about getting a suppressor, I think you've just pushed me on to the buy side.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I don't even own a .22

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Thats a great deal and given your numerous posts and what I know from my experience with forensic firearms stuff with my friend, I dont doubt these are very nice. I will be seriously considering this.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Moderator
    I don't even own a .22
    Now is a good time to own one, dont you think?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

For the price of the suppressor and tax stamp is about what a suppressor alone would have cost you in the past,I got a GSG 1911 22that has a threaded barrel,do I need an adaptor to mount the suppressor
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    so gonna get back to you in about 2-3 months, gotta buy a gun to put it on after that
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Senior Moderator
    I got a GSG 1911 22that has a threaded barrel,do I need an adaptor to mount the suppressor
    I've been told that since the GSG is made in Germany, that you need a Sig Mosquito adapter for it since the threads are metric.
    I also hear that Swarfworks is taking preorders for the 1/2x28 adapter for $38. Should be in stock soon.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

You have to have a special license for one of those don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Hotguns
    In your opinion how accurate is the audio in that video. From what I hear (or can't hear) it is very very quiet. However some microphones don't pick up gun shots all that well. I'm hoping your answer will be that it's actually that quiet, but being a "good shopper" I have to ask.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Moderator
    I went to the Silencer shoot in Crawfordsville a month ago that was put on by AAC. Most of the major manufacturers were there as well as some of the smaller ones. It was there that I was introduced to it,until then I had never even heard of Huntertown Arms.

I shot about everything that was there which was good, because it really allowed you to hear for yourself. There were three things that really impressed me and one of them was the Huntertown Arms. In fact, I like it so well that I became a dealer for them. They sounded as good as cans costing twice as much. It has been said that the human ear really cant distinguish a 3 db change in sound. Having shot most every .22 can made by the big boys at one time or another, what impressed me the most was the price. I used to be big on the GemTec Outback 2, but even that has nothing on this one.

Two other things impressed me. One was the Operative B, an integral bolt action .22 from Thompson Machine that it the quietest .22 in captivity. You can literally hear the firing pin whack the primer. In fact, when it was metered, the sound of the pin striking the primer was only a couple of decibals quieter than the actual shot.

The other was the SilencerCo Osprey.45 can. Most .45 cans arent really that quiet but that one sets a new standard. When shot wet, it is stupid quiet.

As for quiteness, yes its pretty much like the video, in fact most of the racket that you hear isnt from the shot but from the noise of the bolt slapping back and forth.

We have come to the point that the gun actions themselves are louder than the shot. Now,new methods are being used to quite the bolt slap and movement.

I am a dealer for over a dozen Suppressor companys and I think that the Huntertown Arms is the best value in the suppressor industry going. Why pay more that you need to? Save the money and put it on the tax stamp.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member
    Thanks for the info, and it seemed to me the sound was more mechanical bolt slap than anything else. it sounds like good value for the money.

DC Founder
    I've been wanting one for awhile. Count me in....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I hope there is not a set timelimit here, because I would really like to try to get in on this.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Moderator
    If you want one, I'll save one for you.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links