Spec Ops Brand Combat Master Sheath

This is a discussion on Spec Ops Brand Combat Master Sheath within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking to buy a M.O.L.L.E. compatible knife sheath for my new Extrema Ratio Fulcrum C (Desert with Geocamo) and I found the Spec ...

Thread: Spec Ops Brand Combat Master Sheath

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar

Question Spec Ops Brand Combat Master Sheath

I am looking to buy a M.O.L.L.E. compatible knife sheath for my new Extrema Ratio Fulcrum C (Desert with Geocamo) and I found the Spec Ops Brand Combat Master Sheath (Short) in Coyote Brown which is perfect for what I am looking for. I basically want to mount the knife sheath vertically (knife tip up) on the left strap of my 5.11 Tactical Rush 24 or on the back for quick access. Nonetheless, I am having a brain fart with regards to the mounting of the sheath. The Pals Webbing on the back of the SOBCMS runs vertically and not horizontally. If the webbing ran horizontally, I could easily attach it using 5" Maxpedition Tac Ties. But since it runs vertically, the pals webbing on my pack would have to be removable to run it through the SOBCMS webbing and that is not the case.

Am I correct, or just having a "hey stupid" day? Please help as I want to buy this sheath soon.

This is the Spec Ops Brand Combat Master Sheath (Short):

This is my Extrema Ratio Fulcrum C in case anyone is not familiar with this great Italian knife maker:

Last edited by alachner; July 3rd, 2011 at 02:30 PM.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

2. Remove Ads

Anyone have one of this knife sheaths from Spec Ops Brand?
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

No,but I was carrying a knife upside down in a sheath once,trudging thru brush and swampy areas and by the time I realised it I went home with an empty sheath,apparently some brush had unfastened the retaining strap and my knife was laying in the hunting area somewhere and coulda been under water or in mud etc. I never carried a knife upside down again
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Not that sheath (I just checked...I don't have many fixed-blades, so that made it easy), but like the man ^ said, y'll want to be sure that you've got some kind of extra retention.....

Also, I looked at my Col Moschin, and the sheath it came with has a single vertical strap running down the back, securing the horizontal leg-mount straps...I managed to stuff it through PALS webbing. I don't know if the Fulcrum C's sheath is rigged that way (or, for that matter, if the current-run Col Moschins' sheaths are still the same: mine was purchased back in 2001/2).

Thanks for the comments! The Extrema Ratio Fulcrum C comes with a Kydex Sheath with a Tek-Lok system so I will strap that to my backpack. I'll see how that works, but if I don't like it, I guess I'll give this sheath a try. I hope I don't lose my knife though!

Links