Need Safe Help

This is a discussion on Need Safe Help within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That would be a sweet safe but to much cheese right now. I only have one rifle, one shotgun, and a handful of hand guns, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Need Safe Help

That would be a sweet safe but to much cheese right now. I only have one rifle, one shotgun, and a handful of hand guns, and of corse other little items like knives and ammo and what not.
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Check out the Liberty Safes. I have the Lincoln 25 which sounds like what you're looking for.
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

2. Remove Ads

That is a great buyers guide. I now have realized yet another perdicament in regaurds to the purchease of a safe................I have to now fill it up :-D
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Whatever you choose, my advice is to get it much bigger than you think you'll need and pay the extra to have pros deliver and install it.

I found a semi-local dealer at a gunshow who had a scratch and dent Liberty available. I waited until he had a delivery in the area instead of making a special trip for me. I had to wait a week and was the last delivery of the evening but I saved a ton and the chip in the paint was minor on the inner edge of the door. I saved more than what it would have cost to order online and have installed.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    SIGguy 229
    That looks interesting. So you assembled it yourself? I couldn't find any pricing on there, any idea what one would run around 12 cu ft or so? Is yours pretty styrdy?
    You have to call for pricing. If you look at the link I attached earlier, I think I included the prices (from a couple of years ago)....call the number and speak with Mark Zanotti...he will take care of you.

The hardest part for me was getting the floor level on the 4x4s, put putting the safe together was easy...I will caution, though, you will need two, possibly three people (depending in the size safe) to put the door on the hinges.

As I stated previously, these safes are custom, hand-fitted before being shipped--so the parts will fit together. I've already had to move the safe once--and it was very easy to do....from VA to KS

You won't go wrong with Zanotti.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

16 hundos isn't too bad for what you got. I shall have to save up. Maybe I'll just use my job box for now. If I had 1600 to through at something it would more likely be an AR
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    You have to call for pricing. If you look at the link I attached earlier, I think I included the prices (from a couple of years ago)....call the number and speak with Mark Zanotti...he will take care of you.

The hardest part for me was getting the floor level on the 4x4s, put putting the safe together was easy...I will caution, though, you will need two, possibly three people (depending in the size safe) to put the door on the hinges.

As I stated previously, these safes are custom, hand-fitted before being shipped--so the parts will fit together. I've already had to move the safe once--and it was very easy to do....from VA to KS

You won't go wrong with Zanotti.
    - George Orwell Military

What do you guys think about just the cheaper cabinets i have 4 long guns and two handguns and none of them are worth a ton of money or have any sentimental value so if the house did burn down i wouldn't be out much and the guns that i had in there would be the least of my concerns. i just want something that i can lock, as i have a six month old that is going to start crawling and eventually walking and all that so i want to make sure that they just are not sitting in the closet and would like to have a common place just to keep them also.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    the Stack-On use to cost $89. and now are north of $200 and if anything--thinner.
    if you have to get it ( location/cost..... put it inside a closet and lag it dbl to the floor and back wall.
    remove all pry type tools from the area so as to not provide the BG's with a 'spare key'
    some say add weight but as it will be at the bottom and any prying will be more toward the top....its usefulness is dubious.

it is usefull to keep out honest people and delay a casual B&E. later add shelves and use it for ammo storage
    bigdog44 likes this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

i will more then likely be mounting it in my and the wives closet and it will go behind our clothes so you wont be able to see it unless you move stuff out of the way so it would be difficult to pry open from in the area, and i would be able to lag it into the studs in the wall and on the floor so it couldnt just be taken out of there and you will almost need to know where it is beacuse you wont be able to see it just from walking around the house

16 hundos isn't too bad for what you got. I shall have to save up. Maybe I'll just use my job box for now. If I had 1600 to through at something it would more likely be an AR
    It may seem like a lot of money...but if you add up the value of your firearms, accessories (mags, optics, holsters, tools) and add the other stuff you'll want to throw in there (jewelry, papers) it will be north of $1600...and be an investment.

I added up my stuff, and it came to >$10k...$1600 is a drop in the bucket if I had to replace everything I have now.

You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Do you work for them? You are making this really hard to say no. I shall put it on my wish list. But I have a wedding to pay for and four bald tires on my truck. Maybe I'll try to register for a gun safe for the wedding.........
    It may seem like a lot of money...but if you add up the value of your firearms, accessories (mags, optics, holsters, tools) and add the other stuff you'll want to throw in there (jewelry, papers) it will be north of $1600...and be an investment.

I added up my stuff, and it came to >$10k...$1600 is a drop in the bucket if I had to replace everything I have now.
    - George Orwell Military

Do you work for them? You are making this really hard to say no. I shall put it on my wish list. But I have a wedding to pay for and four bald tires on my truck. Maybe I'll try to register for a gun safe for the wedding.........
    Nope, don't work for them....I'm just a very satisfied customer! I'm active duty Air Force stationed in Germany...
    Justified likes this.

I like buying from referals so they will go to the top of my list. Get back to VA soon
    - George Orwell Military

I got this one a little while ago. It does the job for me.

Academy - Sentry®Safe 14-Gun Electronic Lock Safe

I'm buying this shortly...the price cannot be beat.

Shop Centurion by Liberty Safe 12 Cu. Ft. Black Gun Safe at Lowes.com

647346237839xl.jpg

$397, Liberty Centurion 12 Gun, 265lbs Empty, 20 minutes at 1200*.

That exactly what pushed me over the edge. When the Beretta Silver Pigeon came home wth me, my wife admired it and asked "where are you going to keep such a nice gun so it's not stolen?" So the bonus that year was split between the shotgun and the safe to store it in. Total value of what's in the safe far exceeds its cost.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links