Survival Tabs - A Quick FYI Review

This is a discussion on Survival Tabs - A Quick FYI Review within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Survival Food Tabs Watch this Survival Tabs VIDEO - It's Cute. NO That is NOT me in the Video. I don't have any kids. I ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By QKShooter

Thread: Survival Tabs - A Quick FYI Review

Administrator

Post Survival Tabs - A Quick FYI Review

Survival Food Tabs

Watch this Survival Tabs VIDEO - It's Cute.
    NO That is NOT me in the Video. I don't have any kids.

I had an older sealed bottle of these that I bought on Ebay some time ago.
    They were already getting a bit aged.
    Since I have some extra $$$ laying around these days I figured that it would be a perfect time to upgrade to some fresh units.

So...I just called in an order for 3 spanky new bottles in the CHOCOLATE flavor.

I'll probably oder a few more soon.

The female that answered the phone was polite, personable, and quite professional. Shipping was free.

I paid with a credit card. They update you with a E-mail Shipping notification & provide a Tracking Number when they ship.

About 2 weeks ago I popped open the older bottle and decided that I would test the survival tabs as part of a review for DefensiveCarry.
    I decided to limit myself to only my morning cup of coffee ~ (I absolutely NEED that) but, I decided to only drink it Black & No Sugar. And as much water as I wanted. No other liquid refreshment except plain, unsweetened Black or Green tea.

That way I figured that I would be basically living on ONLY the tabs as a nutrition source.

The first couple of days were tough. I am used to eating at least one hearty meal a day & I typically burn a lot of calories in an average day.
    Yes, I'm on DC a lot but, I also Strutt & Run The Mutt a long one every day & work out a little bit every night.

After the first 2 days life got easier as (I guess) my stomach contracted and I really did not feel hungry though I was getting sort of grossed out on the older flavor of the Survival Tabs.

I did 6 days total.

The newer Chocolate ones are reported to taste lots better. SEE THE VIDEO. KID testED. Yum Yum.

In short - I survived - I did seem to "run out of gas" quicker than normal.
    I did lose some body weight - close to 10# in six days. I am not "overweight" but, losing that 10 was OK.
    I do not feel that I lost muscle mass which was a very positive plus.
    I WAS extra crabby for some odd reason but, pretty much was able to stick to my normal daily routine.
    Reportedly some people have lived on these for MONTHS at a time.
    I think THAT would be tough but, do-able if the S ever Hit The Fan.

So Bottom Line...Buy two bottles and that will give you a month of "rock bottom" basic, survivability in a pretty tight package.
    WATER is an absolute necessity & I drank a lot of it - NOT because I felt dehydrated from the Tabs but, mostly to get something/anything into my stomach.

How it Works?
    SURVIVAL TABS are intended for those emergency conditions where a person must travel light and live on whatever food they can actually carry with them for weeks or even months at a time. Twelve tabs per day supply a considerable portion of the calorie requirements of an active adult. It may be assumed that if the person living on them is required to "hole up", their energy requirement will be considerable reduced. When traveling across country, it may be assumed that at least some other food will be found occasionally. Survival Tabs eliminate the risk or wasted time that might be required to actually hunt for food or go out of one's way to obtain it.

With most food products, 30 to 60 percent of the theoretical calorie content leaves the body unused. Survival Tabs are so completely digestible that 99% of their calorie content can be actually utilized for energy and 97% of the protein is actually available for repair or replacement of essential body substances such as blood, muscle, nerves, etc. Twelve Survival Tabs per day provide more than enough protein so sustain essential body tissues.

By placing one Survival Tab in the mouth every hour or so and letting it dissolve slowly during a 15 minute period of time, assimilation of all nutrients will be maximized and appetite will be fully satisfied.

The Survival Tabs container is of such size and shape as to fit and be carried within a regular G.I. canteen pouch. The small empty space under the lid of this container is filled with and extra plastic bag. If and extra water canteen is needed, the Survival Tabs can be poured out into the plastic bag and be carried in a pocket or backpack while the container is used as a canteen.

There have been several individuals who have lived on a diet of Survival Food Tabs exclusively for 4-5 months. This was done out of necessity, because of their inability to eat or keep down any other foods.

In controlled studies which we have conducted, we've found that when living on a diet of Survival Food Tabs exclusively, one loses from 5-8 lbs. the first week. This is mainly due to the emptying of the intestines of all food previously eaten. After the first week, there is a leveling off and a minimum weight loss of 0-2 lbs. per week. This is in consideration of a normal active daily routine.

The Survival Food Tabs provide greatly larger amounts of calories and nutrition than any other product available. The high caloric content, combined with a carefully balanced amount of all the essential nutrients, provides a "state of the art" product as far as survival rations are concerned.

The Survival Food Tabs are presently marketed to the pilots, yachtsmen and other outdoors-men, who use them as emergency food rations, as well as an energy pick-up food supplement. They are also popular with long-distance truck drivers who don't want to stop to eat.

Survival Food Tabs are a perfect lightweight, emergency food ration for use in survival kits - and a vast improvement over candies and other quick-energy "fixes" that are currently used.

This is a true "survival food" that will keep you alive and moving for months on the amount you can carry in your own pack.

The Survival Food Tab Concept

When the Survival Food Tabs were formulated, a host of factors were considered in order to adapt them to their purpose as a lightweight, emergency, life-sustaining food ration:

1. The less intake of food, the more efficient the body becomes. Basically, when food intake is reduced, it remains in the digestive tract longer and assimilates more completely.

2. Generally, of the food we eat, a great deal of it is not digested and used up as calories. The Survival Food Tabs are 100% digestible as well as completely assimilated by the body. The quality of the food we eat is more important than the quantity. Poor quality protein, carbohydrate and fat can put a strain on the digestive organ, especially the kidneys.

In the Survival Tabs, we have used protein of a high biological value, which is 100% utilized. This helps protect the body from cannibalism of its own protective tissues. The fat is composed totally of fatty acids which provide the essential ingredients of fat. The carbohydrates are of the high quality and 100% utilized too.

3. In 90% of all survival situations, some additional food will be available. The Survival Food Tabs are designed to be the Margin of Survival. For example, if one were lost in a jungle area, one might have to find grubs, insects, berries, small animals or whatever to eat. One would have to adapt to the circumstances quickly until he found his way out or was rescued. The Survival Food Tabs would be that Margin of Survival, along with whatever one could gather, to sustain oneself as long as necessary. Another example, would be desert or sea survival. In these cases, little supplemental food may be available.
    The Survival Food Tabs would sustain one as long as he would expect to live normally, before being overcome by exposure, the elements, or lack of water.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Interesting addition to stored food sources...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Like ret said, this might be something to complement my long term
    food storage. Hmmmm....
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Administrator
    That's exactly what I bought them for. An easy to hump lightning fast "Bug Out" where one bottle will cover me out for 15 days & light (in weight) enough so my Wife can hump her own.
    I also have a lot of the DATREX Food bars which are also quite good & store forever even in higher heat conditions.

They actually taste pretty good (like a crumbly cookie) and were originally intended for MARINE Emergency Long Term Survival packs.

For HOME I have a decent store of effoodsdirect.com meals plus some other "off the shelf" foods that "keep" for long periods of time.

Quote Originally Posted by DaRedneck View Post
    Like ret said, this might be something to complement my long term
    food storage. Hmmmm....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I also have a lot of this: Expiration Date 2017

It's actually very delicious fully cooked in the can salmon but, the skin & spine etc. is included in the can so if you're "picky" you need to sort it out a bit before you eat it.
    It's one of the most PERFECT foods for humans to eat though. BUY SOME & have it handy for emergencies.

Administrator
    I should add...You can also buy the OXYGEN ABSORBERS on Ebay & Mylar Bags.

TIP HINT....You need to use the Oxygen Absorbers very quickly after you open the sealed bag.

SO....Buy LOTS of all of the stuff that you intend to store and have it all ready.

Dried Peas, Beans, Rice, Pasta, etc. and then quickly bag and seal it all at one time.

I also buy a lot of pre-packaged containers of bread crumbs - That is basically "powered toasted" AKA baked bread and it does not ever get "buggy" like flour.

There are lots of off the shelf foods that will keep far longer than the printed expiration dates.

Like the freeze dried Instant Mashed Potatoes & Oats & Honey Granola Bars.

And speaking of HONEY. Raw unfiltered Honey will keep literally FOREVER at room temperature.
    They actually found sealed clay jars of honey inside the tombs in the ancient Egyptian pyramids that was still perfectly edible after being a couple of thousand years old.

try these.. better price

Emergency Food Rations

Administrator
    That is a great price. I will place an order and check them out.
    I don't have any food allergies so the DATREX would work out fine for me but, the DATREX do have flaked coconut as one of the ingredients and I'm not particularly fond of coconut.

Administrator
    All Comments And Additions WELCOME.

So...If you're new to DC and still feel a bit uncomfortable posting in a firearm related topic. Feel Free To Post A Comment Here.

Anybody know anything about this BERKEY LIGHT water filtration system?
    It's less expensive than than the Stainless Steel version but, uses the same filters.

This would be for home use.

All I know is my wife and I absolutely love our Big Berkey for home use. My brother went a size smaller than we did and now wishes he got something our size.

The Light looks great and it's gotten some good reviews on the website. The reason we got our Berkey, though, was to have as pure of water as possible, which turned my wife away from the idea of the plastic Light version. I could have gone either way, but I do like the idea of a Light for travel.
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
    - Plato

Berkey's are the best for that use....

Administrator
    I read that the BERKEY LIGHT is Lexan and does not leach anything into the water. So I bought the BERKEY LIGHT with the two Black Berkey filters & with the two extra Fluoride removal filters.
    Plus 2 extra Black Berkey filters.
    We are trying hard to not ingest Fluoride these days.

Mine should be arriving any day.

Our local "tap" water is actually very high quality drinking water - I am just not too keen on the added Fluoride even though they have recently cut the added fluoride level way down.

I mostly bought ours just to have it on location for any possible TEOTWAWKI scenario.
    It's just one of those things that is necessary to have.

I also have a really good "base camp" filter for when I hit the PA. woods.

Links