Want your weapon to glow in the dark!?

This is a discussion on Want your weapon to glow in the dark!? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I can think of a few pieces of gear it would be handy on....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Want your weapon to glow in the dark!?

I can think of a few pieces of gear it would be handy on.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    My night sights glow in the dark. I like it. If something goes bump in the night, I can open my eyes, look up and see my Glock in the dark. It makes for easy retrieval.

I'm thinking when my night sights start to loose their glimmer, I could get some of this paint as opposed to buying a new set of sights. I'm sure there's other great uses for the paint as well. Why not paint a stripe on your emergency kit that you keep in the trunk so that its easy to see at night?
    hk45c likes this.

Did you know dried liquid Tide is also luminescent under a black light? I have some cool stuff painted all over the living room walls. Totally invisible until you break out the black light.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Did you know dried liquid Tide is also luminescent under a black light? I have some cool stuff painted all over the living room walls. Totally invisible until you break out the black light.
    Cool. I did not know this...the scary thing to ask is, how did you know this? lol.

My S&W 640 is my bedside revolver. I have the front and rear sights painted with "Glow-On" paint. I charge them with a Tactical Light at night for about 5 minutes. The sights are still glowing at 0630 in the morning.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

I found I can't wear a white shirt in summer at night over my XD with night sights.... my side has 2 green glowing dots thru the shirt.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links