Surefire A2 (just got it and now I'm showin off a pic)

This is a discussion on Surefire A2 (just got it and now I'm showin off a pic) within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got this light. I'll be writing up a full review and submitting it for the EDC Magazine. Here is a pic. (it goes ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire A2 (just got it and now I'm showin off a pic)

Surefire A2 (just got it and now I'm showin off a pic)

I just got this light. I'll be writing up a full review and submitting it for the EDC Magazine. Here is a pic. (it goes nicely with the watch) Now all I need is the glasses. :D

enjoy,

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    SureFire does make some nice lights!

( I'll give you $10.00 for the watch... )
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Assistant Administrator
    I'll raise Thumper $10 and give you $20 for both

Looks a fine unit Nate and I'll imagine it hit your pocket book pretty hard too!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

The watch stays. :D I really like my watch. Its not incredibly expensive at $195 shipped from amazon.com but it is really nice.

The light cost me $150.05 plus $20 shipping for 2nd day air from Cali. I opted for the 2nd day air becuase I'll be out of town next week and didn't want it just sitting on my desk. :) It wasn't horrible but still quite a bit. :)

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

That looks like it is the same size as the E2E. How many lumens you got under the hood?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffP
    That looks like it is the same size as the E2E. How many lumens you got under the hood?
    Surefire states 50, but after some tests done on CPF it is closer to 80. The conversion on www.flashlightreviews.com shows over 90. In all actuallity I would have to say closer to 80. It is WAY brighter than my HDS EDC U60 on high which is actually 60 lumens. BTW the light is actually regulated. So for about an hour you get that much brightness WITHOUT dimming. :)

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

WOW $150 plus shipping?? Where did you find it that cheap.. When I got mine over the winter I paid $185, which was pretty much the cheapest I could find.. I have mine as a EDC.

What color LED's did you get? I got white and then put a red filter on it for night time use.. The Quake Industries Bushwacker flashlight/binoc filters (size #1 i believe) fit nicely. They have a neoprene skirt which stretches to fit.. The A2 is bigger than the mini-mags so their filters wont fit..

congrats on the great purchase

Brian

Sorry suckers! I picked up my A2 for $130.00 and no shipping. I found it on sale at my local Gateway Outfitters one day I was looking at them. I saw the price and about flipped. Even though $130.00 is quite a lot for a flashlight there regular price was in the $180's. Great light and I agree that the lumens are better than the 50 they are showing. Pretty great light, there is a lot of add on's you can do with the A2 as well.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

light

I'll give you $20 and a chicken, and you can keep the watch and the light!

(Ok, I'm just trying to get rid of the f*g chicken. hehe)

Wes.
    Always remember: 3 can keep a secret, if 2 are dead!

I got mine at www.opticshq.com I opted for the $5 membership that gets you a significant discount on most lights. :)

My LED's are red.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

If anyone is interested. My LED's do have rings. Here is a pic.

Not enought to complain about. That pic was with the light about 8 inches away from the wall.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I have to confess that was the advertising by Craig Boddington in Hunting Magazine that make me buy the A-2, it seemed the right light for the kind of hunting that I was doing at the time.

Going into the woods with a subdued light (in the 3 LED's) that was enough to fallow the cat-eyes up to my tree stand.
    And having the powerful xenon bulb in reserve if I needed to follow some blood trail at night

Here it is at the top

My LED's are white, I would have preffered the red ones but I was also carrying the Inova X5T in red at the time and it seemed redundant.

Regards
    black bear

I currently have the E1L and an A2 with white leds. Guess how much my A2 cost me! I don't think anyone will be able to be my price. I got it for $32.00!

Well not actually, I traded my G2 Nitrolon and a Rex Applegate combat folder I got as a gift to a friend for his A2. he really loved my knife and I offered to trade him. It took him about 20 minutes to think about it. He has a habit of buying expensive stuff and selling it after a couple of weeks.

I would have rather had the red leds. Oh well.

The red LED's are for pilots, they use them in the cabin so as not to spoil night vision and the main xenon beam is to check the airplane wings, alerons and tail from the ground.

I have a solution for all those that want a red LED in the A-2, just buy a Lighthound key chain red LED for $1.00 and attach it to the lanyard of the A-2.

black bear

That's a good idea. Can't the blue be used to spot blood trails at night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links