Window breaker test video, one failure and some blood.

This is a discussion on Window breaker test video, one failure and some blood. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hands-On Test: Glass-Breaking Knives and Tools - BLADE Magazine – The World's Number One Knife Publication...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Hiram25

Thread: Window breaker test video, one failure and some blood.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    "Will the owner of a gray Chevrolet Caprice please report to the parking lot"

That was pretty cool...I couldn't believe the difference between stainless and carbide.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yep, I'd have probably bought the stainless one. I have also invested in several trial products that didn't quite make it! Heinz 56, Preperation G, WD-39, ect.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Great video, thanks for posting!
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Bet he's gonna stop breaking windows for a living!

At least he had better luck than this dweeb reporter:

"Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I'm amazed that a company is putting out a tool that is for emergency glass breakage and it doesn't work.They need to pull that POS tool until they manufacture it with a carbide tip that does work.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

FWIW, lots of local LEO agencies, including the Florida Highway Patrol, issue a little keychain sized tool called the "Res-Q-Me". Window breaker and seatbelt cutter that I have used and seen work fine plenty of times. The spring punches give lots of control compared to a striking tool. I have one in all my cars and have given several to family and friends. Mine has a lanyard of orange 550 cord and sits in the ashtray of my car. Try resqme dot com.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    FWIW, lots of local LEO agencies, including the Florida Highway Patrol, issue a little keychain sized tool called the "Res-Q-Me". Window breaker and seatbelt cutter that I have used and seen work fine plenty of times. The spring punches give lots of control compared to a striking tool. I have one in all my cars and have given several to family and friends. Mine has a lanyard of orange 550 cord and sits in the ashtray of my car. Try resqme dot com.
    I wonder how most of the spring loaded ones, that one included, work, since they have stainless steel tips?

Stainless in that one contraption didn't work so well.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I have one that I used in classes to demonstrate with. Probably broke a hundred windows with it before I lost it.

You can always carry a broken chunk of spark plug with you too. That works if you have room to throw it.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    I have one that I used in classes to demonstrate with. Probably broke a hundred windows with it before I lost it.

You can always carry a broken chunk of spark plug with you too. That works if you have room to throw it.
    Just be careful with the spark plug ceramic, while effective in the minds of at least a few LEOs spark plug ceramic and a ballon add up to car thieves tools given the connection to the days where you could use them to break a window, stick a screw driver in the ignition and drive off; the purpose designed tools seem to have a better public reception.

I find it a little disconcerting that none of the windows broke from the inside and one of the seat belts were cut in a manner that you would be needing if you had to cut yourself out of the car. All of the examples provided are done at angles with ample leverage, but after I've just been T boned or worse hit from an oncoming car and pushed into a river and the door has taken impact and I need to cut and break my way out from the seat belt getting jammed entangled and clamped down I'm nog going to have the room for a full swing of the arm and a 90 degree cutting angle in the center of the blade of a knife. To me this is showing that you can stand on the firing line and hit paper 7 yards a way once every 5 seconds, yes it's a start but it's not really a test of the equipment.

Glock Certified Armorer

Links