P x 4 Storm full size 40 (home defense)

This is a discussion on P x 4 Storm full size 40 (home defense) within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a married man and father of three. I am curious to know which option is better a)tactical light, b)laser, c)tactical light with laser, ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Justified
  • 1 Post By DaRedneck
  • 1 Post By alachner

Thread: P x 4 Storm full size 40 (home defense)

P x 4 Storm full size 40 (home defense)

I am a married man and father of three. I am curious to know which option is better a)tactical light, b)laser, c)tactical light with laser, d) none of the above? I hear some folks say the light only is the best because it will light up and blind the BG, i hear others say the light will make you a target once you turn it on and if there are more than one BG, i hear u dont need a light and a laser is just fine , then i hear lasers are not accurate when hitting target for exact location, so right now i am just CONFUSED. Thanks for any assistance.

Shaun

px4 storm full size 40 (home)
    px4 storm compact 40 (carry)
    glock 23 (future carry weapon)

2. Remove Ads

My EDC usually sits by me at home and it doesn't have rails but the is a light sitting right next to it. I would want to hear a thump and shoot a family member. Might be an exaggeration but IDing a taget is always a good thing. You don't have to turn it on until you need it. Laser....eh takes more time to find the dot on BG especially I'd he is illuminated with 100 or so lumen. Point shooting with a tac light should be solid for you if you practice it.

Just MHO
    retnavy and GunKeen like this.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

For me it is a light.

Have you ever been pulled over at night and asked to step out? When I turn around and those lights are on me, I'd be lucky to find the police car let alone where an officer was standing. The key is to have quality blinding light. At night his eyes will not adjust as fast as yours and he will be "blinded". You just need to move and acquire your target.
    retnavy likes this.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by DaRedneck View Post
    For me it is a light.

Have you ever been pulled over at night and asked to step out? When I turn around and those lights are on me, I'd be lucky to find the police car let alone where an officer was standing. The key is to have quality blinding light. At night his eyes will not adjust as fast as yours and he will be "blinded". You just need to move and acquire your target.
    Exactly, plus by having a handheld light you can hold it away from your body in the off chance BG targets the light.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

The Glock 21SF by my bedside has a Streamlight TRL-1 tactical light always attached. I think it's something like 130 lumens with its high-tech bulb.
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

BigRay,

Around how much do those lights cost?

Retnav

Quote Originally Posted by retnavy View Post
    BigRay,

Around how much do those lights cost?

Retnav
    I bought one from these guys last year:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/streamli...lashlight.html
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I suggest the Streamlight TLR-1 as well. I have the same one on my HK 45 sitting in my night stand's biometric safe.
    retnavy likes this.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Links