Ultimate Night Stand Light?

This is a discussion on Ultimate Night Stand Light? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Call me sick but I love the idea of having a mega-lumen night stand light. So can you imagine to my pleasure when I found ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ultimate Night Stand Light?

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

Call me sick but I love the idea of having a mega-lumen night stand light. So can you imagine to my pleasure when I found this?

Specifications

Output / Runtime
    Highest 800 .0 lumens / 1.7 hours*
    Lowest 2 .0 lumens / 84 hours
    Tactical Runtime* 1 .7 hours
    Length 8 .9 inches
    Bezel Diameter 2 .5 inches
    Weight w/Batteries 12 .0 ounces
    Batteries 3
    123A
    *Runtime (at highest setting for variable-output flashlights) until output drops below 50 lumens

Description
    UB3T-HA-S
    The UB3T Invictus is an ultra high-output LED illumination tool with selectable light levels, strobe and SOS modes, and an ergonomic CombatGrip body design, ideal for flashlight/handgun techniques and for a secure hold with wet, cold, or gloved hands. Its rugged body is machined from high-strength aerospace aluminum that's Mil-Spec hard anodized. The Invictus puts out a tightly focused 800-lumen beam of brilliant white light that's suitable for spotlight/searchlight applications such as sweeping a mountainside in a search-and-rescue operation, locating a take-out spot for your boat in pitch darkness, or providing suspect-blinding illumination for a SWAT entry team. The high-efficiency LED emitter, virtually immune to failure since there's no filament to burn out or break, provides a far longer runtime per set of batteries when compared to incandescent lights of similar lumen output. Its selector ring has eleven settings—eight levels of light, from 2 to 800 lumens; a strobe mode; an SOS beacon; and an OFF setting for extra protection against accidental activation. Its tactically correct tailcap switch is instantly locatable and easy to operate with your thumb while gripping the light. Press the switch for momentary-on light at the selected output setting, press further, at any light output setting, and get all 800 lumens—this is our MaxBlast™ tailcap feature. Twist for constant-on light at selected output setting, twist further for max output. Finally, the UB3T also features a fuel gauge that tells you when you need a new set of batteries or need to select a lower light-output level.
    SureFire UB3T Invictus™ LED Flashlight
    Finally, however, the dream ended abruptly when I was brought back to reality;

$695.00

This is what I use: Amazon.com: Fenix TK45 High Performance Flashlight: Sports & Outdoors

Runs on AA's, 760 lumens, and ~$130. I also use it bringing in the boat at night, and going out duck hunting. Works great.
    Last edited by shikaka; August 28th, 2011 at 12:51 PM.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    If you don't like the price tag on that, check this out:

Maelstrom S18 4Sevens.Com

Maelstrom S18 [FS.S18]

The Maelstrom S18 is a veritable hand-held spotlight that features 4Sevens' unique thermal regulation and a blistering high output of 1200 OTF lumens. The S18 is unlike any flashlight out there, utilizing innovative design technology to provide the versatility and dependability you've come to trust in a 4Sevens flashlight.

Features
    Current Regulation: Current regulation means that the S18 intelligently controls the power being drawn from your batteries, giving you consistent output while fully using every last drop of energy available. Current regulation provides dependable outputs and runtimes while eliminating needless battery waste.
    Thermal Regulation: The S18 features our unique thermal regulation. This means it can take serious abuse and be exposed to harsh conditions, but it will automatically control its output to protect its own guts. That means you don't worry about your light - you just use it.
    SST-90 LED: We only use the absolute latest cutting-edge LED technology in our flashlights, and the Maelstrom S18 is no exception. It features the "SST-90" LED, a luminous giant of efficiency and output, providing 1200 OTF lumens on high mode.
    Smart Circuit for Rechargeable Batteries: Many flashlights are able to use standard single-use 3-volt CR123A batteries, but few can use the more powerful, rechargeable 3.7-volt RCR123A batteries without causing permanent internal damage. The Maelstrom S18 is one of those few - it runs flawlessly even when using six rechargeable 3.7-volt RCR123A batteries.
    Reverse-Polarity Protection: The S18's battery carrier provides reverse-polarity protection, so even if you accidentally put the batteries in reverse, nothing will be damaged. So even if you're swapping batteries in the dark, you've peace of mind that you simply can't hurt the S18.

Specifications
    • Dimensions:
      • Length: 9.3 in
      • Diameter (Body): 1.8 in
      • Diameter (Head): 2.48 in
      • Weight (without batteries): 24.5 oz
    • Battery Compatibility: 6xCR123A (single-use) or 6xRCR123A (rechargeable) batteries.
    • Operating Voltage Range: 4.5V~8.4V
    · Outputs and Runtimes:
    (runtimes are to 50% output)
    • Low: 80 lumens, 17.5 hours
    • Medium: 400 lumens, 3.5 hours
    • High: 1200 lumens, 0.6 hours
    • Strobe: 1200 lumens, 1.5 hours
    • S.O.S.: 2.5 hours
    • Body Material: Type-III hard-anodized aircraft-grade aluminum
    • Bezel Material: Stainless steel strike-Bezel
    • Lens Material: Optical-grade hardened glass lens with external sapphire coating to resist scratches and internal anti-reflective coating to maximize real output
    • Reflector: Precision-machined and highly polished smooth reflector
    • Water Resistance: IPX-8
    Included Accessories: Holster, instruction manual, 6xCR123A batteries, and spare o-rings
    The price? $259.00

If that's still too rich for your pocket book, their smaller Maelstrom S12 comes in at a still respectable 800 lumens max & will only run you $149.00

Maelstrom S12, Aluminum 4Sevens.Com
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I was going to spout off about how my 30 year old Maglite 3 D cell, incandescent worked every bit as good as those fancy-schmancy modern techno-droid lights...until I did a little research and now stand humbled regarding my favorite flashlights output...except in the home defense bumps and bruises category, in which it still stacks up quite formidably. Oh well, I know me, and this old dinosaur still won't lay out that kind of cash for a mere hand-torch when I've got a perfectly good clublight already.

Impressive technology though...
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Quote Originally Posted by shikaka View Post
    This is what I use: Amazon.com: Fenix TK45 High Performance Flashlight: Sports & Outdoors

Runs on AA's, 760 lumens, and ~$130. I also use it bringing in the boat at night, and going out duck hunting. Works great.
    Thanks for the heads up. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    If you don't like the price tag on that, check this out:

Maelstrom S18 4Sevens.Com

The price? $259.00

If that's still too rich for your pocket book, their smaller Maelstrom S12 comes in at a still respectable 800 lumens max & will only run you $149.00

Maelstrom S12, Aluminum 4Sevens.Com
    Thanks for the heads up. The 4Sevens is more inline with my budget and oddly enough the 800 lumen model is still in the price range of some in-pocket carry tac lights - so it doesn't appear to be unreasonable at all.

You've given me some things to check out and research. Nutnfancy did a booth review on 4sevens, not long ago, and the company seems to be making a lot of efforts at introducing new technology into the market.

With that nifty expensive flash light you can light up your very own baseball stadium. I'm very satisfied with my Surefire E2E light. Technology sure is progressing though. Won't be long when that $700.00 flash light will be a couple of hundred I would think.

Wow, them's some high dollar, hi-tech lights.

Little pricey for me. I use a Surefire 6P LED that I got on sale for $60
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Wow, them's some high dollar, hi-tech lights.

Little pricey for me. I use a Surefire 6P LED that I got on sale for $60
    I agree, those lights are pricey. I have a good tac light that I can use right now if I hear a bump in the night. I still like the idea of having a larger light that might throw out a larger pattern. I was thinking about having a dedicated house light that would stay in the bedroom. Its always good to have a back-up.

Fenix TK45 with HA III coating. 8 rechargeable AA's, 2 hour run time on turbo (760 lumens) and 4 settings. Only $150.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

The only problem with new fancy lights is you can't beat the crap out of someone like you could with an old 5 pound 4 D-cell mag lite.

Quote Originally Posted by shikaka View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1100us View Post
    Fenix TK45 with HA III coating. 8 rechargeable AA's, 2 hour run time on turbo (760 lumens) and 4 settings. Only $150.

Thanks for the heads up guys ;-) I'll definitely check these out.

My TK45. Brighter than the headlights on a car. It is not a thrower, it has a flood beam but lights up a large area. These pictures don't do it justice. It is brighter in real life.

]

Without question they put out great light but at a great price, too steep for me.

https://omglumens.com/DEFT-edc.php

Try this^^^^^

I like my Surefire E1L though.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links