WOW I never noticed this before

This is a discussion on WOW I never noticed this before within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I wear 511 tactical boots and last night the wife says "hey did you know your boots have a pocket on the side for ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By wmhawth
  • 3 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: WOW I never noticed this before

WOW I never noticed this before

So I wear 511 tactical boots and last night the wife says "hey did you know your boots have a pocket on the side for a knife" that is just really cool so I checked it out and sure as hell it does and my kydex sheath and straight blade knife fits in there great so I have now added another weapon to my body, one gun right hip,one knife straight blade left hip and one knife straight blade concealed on the side of my right boot. You just never know which weapon will be easiest to get to in a situation so why not carry more than one.

2. Remove Ads

Now you need to get yourself a forearm sheath like the one used by "The English Assassin" so you could take on a 3rd knife.

That's pretty sweet

Where are your folders and LDKs?

Neat.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

I'm thinking it's a great place for a CCW badge
    jwhite75, tcon67 and Rail Driver like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Do you do any training or drilling or practice where you access your weapons? A knife in this location is very good for ground grappling access, as I'm sure you are aware. Try to access your belt knife when on your back - it's not easy if the opponent has some wrist control. But if it's deployed from an ankle holster/sheath, it's much easier to get full guard and reach the side of your leg and the opponent is completely unaware that you can now end the fight if you wish (with extreme prejudice).

Of course all talk of 'stabby' pointed things is pretty much a fantasy, but I figure it's fun to think about it in a theoretical sense.

Be sure you remove it for the airport/restricted areas, and remember to check its condition more frequently than your pocket carry, particularly if you really put a beating on your boots, with the elements.

I always liked the set up on Taxi ..... flip of the wrist it springs from your forearm into your hand, and you are ready to go.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

That's funny I've been wearing these boots for several years and I just looked and I've got the same configuration on both sides. In all these years I never noticed the pocket on the sides.

And they say nothing new is ever posted.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Awesome. I'm wearing these right now at work and never saw the pockets. Doh! Thanks for the tip.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Very cool. I might get a pair of these now. I'm taking it that you guys like your boots? They wear well and you get good wear out of them?

Darn. You should have sold that tip. :) I'd say 511 is not selling them with all of the features noted.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Very cool. I might get a pair of these now. I'm taking it that you guys like your boots? They wear well and you get good wear out of them?
    I wear them almost every day. Very comfortable and long lasting. I use them as my boots while riding my wing and they do the job. The only downside is personal to me, I have a "funny" hip that causes me to wear the edge of the heel out before the rest of the sole. No way to replace the sole that I know about so I wear out the sole long before the uppers.

Recommended highly.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

It is interesting that it took the wife to see the pocket. I don't have these myself, so I can't say what I would have considered, but what did you think the pockets were all along. Just for aesthetic?

Links