Concealing a Spare Magazine

This is a discussion on Concealing a Spare Magazine within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rollo I carry mine OWB in a Fobus paddle magazine holder. I have some single mag holders, but the Fobus paddle mag ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Concealing a Spare Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I carry mine OWB in a Fobus paddle magazine holder.
    I have some single mag holders, but the Fobus paddle mag holders are top notch!

I have several for both .45s and 9mms...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Spot the spare mag?

Keep in mind that this is without my cover shirt.
    It's in you cell phone case. Now where are you going to carry your phone?
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    It's in you cell phone case. Now where are you going to carry your phone?
    No, it is not in my cell phone case. It is iwb, behind my cell phone/case.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have some single mag holders, but the Fobus paddle mag holders are top notch!

I have several for both .45s and 9mms...
    +1 on the Fobus paddle mag. holder. For anyone who does not carry a spare mag., consider that the bulge opposite you gun hip balances the weight to some extent, and you don't have a "tumor" just on one side. Your appearance will be more symmetrical: just a middle age bulge all the way around.
    You live and learn, or you don't live long. - Heinlein

I went to the Remora website and for the pocket mag holders it reads "Will hold one approx. 4" mags. Single stack up to .45 and Double stack up to .40."

On their online order page, it reads it can hold double stack .45s

Has anyone used one with a Glock doublestack .45.?

Thanks

My favorite is Gebhard. Does not take up space IWB. Holds close to body, very secure, yet easy on and off. Link.

Gebhard Solutions - Gebhard Solutions Kydex

Quote Originally Posted by CountryGal View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but I thought magazine and clips were interchangeable terms & meant the same thing? I didn't realize Crossbreed had an IWB mag holder - that looks perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    While the two terms are often used interchangeably, they are not the same thing.

A magazine is something that holds ammunition and is inserted into a firearm. The ammo is fed from the magazine into the chamber. This is true whether the firearm is a handgun or a long gun.

A clip is something that holds ammunition and transfers it into a blind box in the firearm. A clip (stripper clip) can also hold ammo for transfer into a magazine which is then inserted into the firearm.

The overwhelming majority of firearms with a removable device for holding ammo use a magazine.

The best example of a clip-fed firearm is the M1 Garand. The only clip-fed handgun that I am familiar with is the Broomhandle Mauser, though there may be others

5.56x45 is commonly sold in stripper clips, the end of which is inserted into an adapter fastened to a magazine and the ammo then pressed into the magazine.
    Majorlk gave an excellent description but for those that only look at the pics and don't actually read the words...

VIP Member
    Nice pic, but I am having a tough time figuring out where that magazine goes in that particular pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Nice pic, but I am having a tough time figuring out where that magazine goes in that particular pistol.
    It doesn't. The magazine is simply there as an example of what a removable looks like.

The Broomhandle Mauser has a blind box magazine which is charged by a stripper clip, as the photo indicates.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    It doesn't. The magazine is simply there as an example of what a removable looks like.

The Broomhandle Mauser has a blind box magazine which is charged by a stripper clip, as the photo indicates.
    Oh, just like the one I own. Got it. Thanks.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    I mostly use Safariland OSW magazine holders........but sometimes I use my left front jeans pocket...........

Dillon's "the Blue Press" Oct 2011 catalog, p 24 has several one, two mag pouches. Heck, they have a niffty mag & a flashlight pouch that I've been eyeballin! I use a single hard side mag pouch on my opposite hip. Sure would be great to have a 6P tactical light. Hooah, good luck
    Courage: "Do not follow where the path may lead...go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Retired Army, Infantry
    NRA Life Member

When I'm carrying IWB I tend to use my pocket. OWB I use a holster and mag holder by HBE Leatherworks. That one by Comp-Tac has me drooling!
    Question Everything!

How does the holder attach to the belt? If I can rig it to the molle on my vest I might get one of these for a backup to the mags I carry on my duty belt.
    thanks
    "Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

"My dog is smarter than your honor student."

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I use a leather OWB dual mag duty holder when I'm carrying my 9VE. I use a little cheap OWB single mag holder when carrying my M&Pc
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links