Concealing a Spare Magazine

This is a discussion on Concealing a Spare Magazine within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I recently bought a Crossbreed Supertuck (IWB) holster, which is awesome! I'm looking for a similar type thing for a spare magazine for my ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Concealing a Spare Magazine

Question Concealing a Spare Magazine

So I recently bought a Crossbreed Supertuck (IWB) holster, which is awesome! I'm looking for a similar type thing for a spare magazine for my gun. Does anything exist like this? Basically, I'm looking for an IWB clip holder for a Glock G23 13-capacity magazine.

If not, what ideas do y'all have for concealing an extra magazine? Or do y'all even carry an extra clip?

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

I always carry an extra magazine, and I use a cheap OWB mag holster that is generic and looks like it holds a knife or multi-tool. I got it at my LGS for like $10.

I don't carry any clips, but I do carry extra magazines sorry, I couldn't resist. http://www.shieldedholsters.com/ has some as does Tuckable IWB Mag Carriers | Crossbreed Holsters - Tuckable (IWB) Mag Carrier
    nerdyvirgin likes this.

DeSantis Mag Packer Pocket Magazine Pouch 9mm to 40 S&W Single Stack Magazines Nylon Black - MidwayUSA

I use something similar I rigged up years ago with various parts of spare holsters and a razor blade. I made mine a double mag pouch, and have ran it in Tactical Response classes (pistol & rifle), Massad Ayoob's MAG-20 Range class (pistol) and SIG Academy's Rifle day without problem.

I second this. I used this as well for my CM9 and the mag slips out perfectly in the correct location/direction.
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

For my G19/23, I have a Kydex IWB mag holster made by Alabama Holster Co.

If you want to try a multi-tool or knife sheath/pouch, I found 2 that will work for these mags when I visited the Smoky Mountain Knife Works last Fall:

1. Gerber Replacement Sheath, Large, PN 08764, black nylon with Velcro closure
    2. Schrade X Timer, molded black nylon, snap closure

VIP Member
    My "very stylish" Wrangler blue jeans all come with a little pocket over the right hip pocket. When I first moved to Texas everyone carried snuff in there. I was surrounded by spiters all day. Thank goodness that went out of style.

That pocket is just right for an xtra magazine.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryGal View Post
    So I recently bought a Crossbreed Supertuck (IWB) holster, which is awesome! I'm looking for a similar type thing for a spare magazine for my gun. Does anything exist like this? Basically, I'm looking for an IWB clip holder for a Glock G23 13-capacity magazine.
    If you like your CrossBreed holster, and are looking for something of the same nature for your spare magazine......

Tuckable IWB Mag Carriers | Crossbreed Holsters - Tuckable (IWB) Mag Carrier

Remember, this may require alterations to your pants/belt - i.e. "up-sizing."

I favor the Comp-Tac Minotaur Concealment Pouch. It's a little more streamlined, but that in and of itself has its own downsides: that it's more prone to shifting out of position, depending on your activities, activity level, etc.)

Before you get too carried away though, I'd like to suggest you to simply try sticking the magazine under your belt in various places while wearing your IWB carry rig, as a comfort test.

You may find out (as I did) that only one thing IWB at a time is do-able for you, comfort wise. I can't stand to have a CCW as well as magazines riding IWB. As such, my spare mag is either in a weak-side pocket or in an OWB mag pouch, when I'm concealing IWB.
    TSiWRX and cmb like this.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    ^ +1.

IWB on both sides isn't something that everyone is fond of, for comfort alone, less any clothing issues!

I lucked out in not only that my gear and clothes are accommodating enough, but also in that I really like the way the off-side magazine balances out my carry rig.

As with much of concealed-carry in-general, it's a highly personal-preference related issue!

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Distinguished Member
    Magazine Pouches - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - IWB Mag Pouch

I've not used it but this has been on my wish list for quite a while. I agree that stowing the xtra mag is a pita.

cg

I carry mine OWB in a Fobus paddle magazine holder.
    rson63 and RETSUPT99 like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Porp View Post
    I don't carry any clips, but I do carry extra magazines sorry, I couldn't resist. Shielded Holsters - Custom Handcrafted Holsters has some as does Tuckable IWB Mag Carriers | Crossbreed Holsters - Tuckable (IWB) Mag Carrier
    Pardon my ignorance, but I thought magazine and clips were interchangeable terms & meant the same thing? I didn't realize Crossbreed had an IWB mag holder - that looks perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by roalho View Post
    Before you get too carried away though, I'd like to suggest you to simply try sticking the magazine under your belt in various places while wearing your IWB carry rig, as a comfort test.

You may find out (as I did) that only one thing IWB at a time is do-able for you, comfort wise. I can't stand to have a CCW as well as magazines riding IWB. As such, my spare mag is either in a weak-side pocket or in an OWB mag pouch, when I'm concealing IWB.
    I hadn't thought of 2 IWB being a problem. I don't wear skin-tight pants, but they are still fitted. I was just at a defensive handgun course in WV a couple weeks ago & had a cheap OWB dual holder, but I don't like it. I was open carrying at the class, so it wasn't an issue. But I could never conceal it. And it did make my pants/belt pretty tight.

I'll have to try just sticking the mag in my belt & seeing how that works. Thanks for the suggestions!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links