Looking for an EDC light, with questions

This is a discussion on Looking for an EDC light, with questions within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for the tips, Steve. I will definitely get those parts you suggested next time I place an order. I can't wait to get my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for an EDC light, with questions

Thanks for the tips, Steve. I will definitely get those parts you suggested next time I place an order.

I can't wait to get my hands on my G2, but of course the tools at LAPoliceGear apparently FORGOT to ship my package, so now it won't get here for yet another week. Sigh. Don't think I'll be ordering from them again. Thankfully, most places seem to have roughly the same prices on Surefire products.. I only ordered from these guys because of the free shipping offer.

I did pick up an Inova X5 tonight at Target, and I'm quite impressed by its wide, smooth beam. Perfect for an around-the-house light IMHO.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clipse View Post
    HDE EDC U60, and Amilite Neo T3
    I've been tempted by the HDS EDC U60 for about a year now. I admit to be a little bit of a "flashlight adict", but my tastes generally run to Surefire. Have you found it to be worth the hefty price tag? Also, what can you tell me about the Amilite?
    Best regards,
    Gonzo
    Last edited by TheGreatGonzo; August 21st, 2006 at 09:50 AM.
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    I've been tempted by the HDS EDC U60 for about a year now. I admit to be a little bit of a "flashlight adict", but my tasted generally run to Surefire. Have you found it to be worth the hefty price tag? Also, what can you tell me about the Amilite?
    Best regards,
    Gonzo
    I believe the HDS is worth the price. You will be very hard pressed to find a light with its functionality at its brice. Especially in its size. Its a light that strives to be everything it can and it excells wonderfully at that. I carry it everyday clipped to my pocket. Here is a review I did of the HDS EDC U60.

As for the amilite. It is my backup light. Quality is awesome, runtime could be better but this thing is really bright. Its got an bright hot spot and some very bright spill. It is deffinately an excellant choice for EDC.

Here is a brief review with many pics of the Amilite, that I did.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

So my G2 arrived yesterday. Holy CRAP is it bright. I like it.

Only thing that bugs me is the lack of a clip. Anyone got any solutions to this problem?

I could always carry in a belt holster, but since I already have enough crap on the belt (G&A) I'd prefer to clip it into the back pocket. I e-mailed the Clipdraw guy (www.clipdraw.com) this morning and am hoping he'll be able to make one, but I haven't heard back yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links