New method of belt carry of your small tac-light?

This is a discussion on New method of belt carry of your small tac-light? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got a nice 300 lumen flashlight from Coleman (of all places) called the 'Max', and found a nice way to carry it. Instead of ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By BadgerJ

Thread: New method of belt carry of your small tac-light?

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar

New method of belt carry of your small tac-light?

I got a nice 300 lumen flashlight from Coleman (of all places) called the 'Max', and found a nice way to carry it.

Instead of a case or a pouch, I happened to have some of those thick rubber hairbands on my belt to carry my keys on using a small carribiner. In a pinch I stuck the flashlight under the hairband, which was looped around the belt twice, and forgot about it.

Due to it fitting just right and there being a groove on the body of the tac-light, it stayed in place all day.

I went to the supply store get a pouch and when the clerk asked me to see the flashlight, I reached down and pulled it and help it up surprisingly quickly. No fumbling with a pouch, no Velcro ripping sound. I put it back in a flash also (npi).

Then I had a forehead slapping moment. Durn, I thought if this works so well, why get a pouch? So, I've been carrying it like that ever since and it's never fallen out and I can get it out in less than a second. It also carries laterally or horizontally so it's never in the way.

See pic.tac-lightbelt.jpg

Yeah, it's kinda do-it-yourself but works for me so thought I'd share. You'll have to modify it for other flashlights those smaller diameter or without that 'groove' near the head of the light...but you get the basic idea.
    Justified and CaptSmith like this.

2. Remove Ads

Whatever works!

I use a similar concept - a horizontal flashlight holster, made from kydex, by JSHolsters:

JS Horizontal Light/Baton Holster

Yours is cheaper; theirs is probably more durable.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I use a similar concept - a horizontal flashlight holster, made from kydex, by JSHolsters:

JS Horizontal Light/Baton Holster

Yours is cheaper; theirs is probably more durable.
    I like that! It looks to be adjustable. Anyway if you forget yours and carry some of those 1" thick black hairbands that your wife or girl always has, you have a substitute in a pinch. I might get one of those from JSH. Thanks!

Links