Quality Optics at Cheap price? What do you know of out there??

This is a discussion on Quality Optics at Cheap price? What do you know of out there?? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I mean let’s face it there are some optics out there that are as expensive or more expensive then the gun it’s on, I’m sure ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Quality Optics at Cheap price? What do you know of out there??

Quality Optics at Cheap price? What do you know of out there??

I mean let’s face it there are some optics out there that are as expensive or more expensive then the gun it’s on, I’m sure some guys/girls on here and who are reading this have them themselves. I myself have a 552 EOTECH W/ a 3x Aim magnifier (just purchased the magnifier this week) on a Rock River AR, i love the setup and don’t regret spending the money but fact of the matter is those two things i could almost buy another quality AR. I am by no means trashing that idea or putting down those products. We all know the quality optics out there EOTECH, Aim, Trijicon, Leupold ext ext. but if you want those you will pay the higher price for them. i personally like to have optics but just have a hard time putting the big money into something that is just a fun at the range gun, and isn’t something that will be used as a duty gun ,competition gun or something of that nature that there is no substitution for quality.

I know the argument will be save the money and get the quality product; you get what you pay for. The question I’m asking is what optics do you know of that are a quality product that will not break the bank. Even if you would only put them on a .22LR because they would know hold up to the recoil of a 5.56 or 308. Or even better something that you would put on/have on even a higher powered gun and it holds its zero.

i know there are alot of brands out there that are much cheeper that ive looked at but wont buy becuase i dont know how they will hold up and dont want to buy the product and it be a compleat waste of money so i figured if you know of something or have personally experiance with some product it would be nice to know which ones out there are worth the purchase.

list all that you know red dots, holographic, magnifiers, scopes, after market irons, back up sights whatever you can think of.

i personally have a vortex optics strikefire red/green dot that i got for $150 normal list price is 179. it came with a 2x screw on magnifier but it has a lifetime fully transferable warranty that i found to be good because even if something does go wrong i send it back and get it fixed. i have probably 500+ rounds of 5.56 and 762x39 (started on AR then went to AK when i got the Eotech) with no problems and holding its zero quite nice.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I have always found Nikon optics to be pretty darn good for the money. They're not Tasco or Simmons cheap, but especially with their "factory refurbished" stuff, you can get good quality, along with lifetime warranty pretty cheap. I picked up a refurbished "pro-staff" 4x32 for my 10/22 for about $70.00.
    I bought a NIB Nikon Buckmaster 4x40 for my muzzle-loader on close-out for $99.00 also put a 3-9x40 NIB Buckmaster on my 25.06 for $219.00.
    Like I said, not Tasco cheap, but considering a lifetime warranty, and well above average quality, not bad at all. IMO
    Also picked up a Nikon "Monarch" red dot for my turkey gun last winter on sale for $159.00
    NIS350ZTT likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Moderator
    Nikon scopes are about as cheap as I am willing to go.

Once you get used to good glass, anything less will not satsify you.

Yeah I know that it can be bummer paying more for a scope than a rifle, but fact of the matter is, you look through that scope a lot more than you shoot that rifle.

Edited to add...

Burris scopes are fine, but hard to get in these parts.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Cool

I have had good luck with Burris products.

I alternate between the Fullfield II 3X-9X-40mm and the Xtreme Tactical Speedot on my Stag #1.

The weapon does not get abusive treatment and Zeros hold well.

If I was going into daily combat I would upgrade my optics though.

P28091423.jpg
    click image to enlarge....
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    I have 4 or 5 Nikon products and every one of them is very nice.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Leupolds are on sale for $60 off at Cabelas this weekend.
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

I usually shop for refurbished red dots like Eotechs,or demo models,you can usually save about 50%
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I usually shop for refurbished red dots like Eotechs,or demo models,you can usually save about 50%
    anywhere particular you find these?? i had never thought of that

cj
    Primary Arms has their own lines of sights (red dot, magnifiers, and glass sights) with good reputations. They go out of their way to spec out and find manufacturers who will hold to the specs.
    DaRedneck likes this.

Got to love Leupold! I have three, my favorite is the 3x9x50 Vari x III. It sits on a Remington 7mm mag custome delux. It has been on this rifle
    for several years. Every year it comes out of the safe for deer season. Have it zeroed at 200yds as I hunt power lines.I take 2-3 shots at a couple 20oz soda bottles and guess what? Nothing changes. Havent touched it in years. You get what you pay for!

im glad to hear that a few people have had good results with the Nikon refurbished stuff i always see them out there w/ good deals but was always scared away b/c of the refurbished deal.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J0eyg86 View Post
    im glad to hear that a few people have had good results with the Nikon refurbished stuff i always see them out there w/ good deals but was always scared away b/c of the refurbished deal.
    Same lifetime warranty as new. Can't go wrong IMO. I've picked up most of mine at Natchez Shooters Supply.

Nikon Optics, Rangefinders, and Accessories - Natchez Shooters Supplies
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    Primary Arms has their own lines of sights (red dot, magnifiers, and glass sights) with good reputations. They go out of their way to spec out and find manufacturers who will hold to the specs.
    I gotta second this.

AR-15 accessories, rifle scopes, red dot sights, aimpoint rifle scopes, Bushnell
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    +1 to this.
    "A gun is a tool, Marion. No better and no worse than any other tool - an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." --from "Shane" (Alan Ladd) -1953

I have a Mueller APV 4.5X14 on my .17 HMR. I am well pleased with it. it was $130, shipped.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links