TLR or Crimson Trace?

TLR or Crimson Trace?

This is a discussion on TLR or Crimson Trace? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want to buy either a TLR2 or Crimson Trace for my glock. I plan on having it on my home defense gun, however I ...

Thread: TLR or Crimson Trace?

TLR or Crimson Trace?

I want to buy either a TLR2 or Crimson Trace for my glock. I plan on having it on my home defense gun, however I see that there's an advantage in having the CT on my carry gun. I always train without a laser so I don't use it as a crutch but I guess it could be a good addition to a carry piece. What are your opinions on either choice?

VIP Member
    For your house gun, I'd go with the TLR2. It gives you both a weapon light and a laser. I have a TLR2 on my G19 which is doing home duty right now. I like the laser for home duty. They give you an advantage when you are first waking up and your vision may not be completely clear. It's helps when you don't have night sights and when you are focused on your target if tunnel vision takes over. Don't forget a tactical flashlight, too. You need a flashlight to complement the weapon light. They have different duties.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    For your house gun, I'd go with the TLR2. It gives you both a weapon light and a laser. I have a TLR2 on my G19 which is doing home duty right now. I like the laser for home duty. They give you an advantage when you are first waking up and your vision may not be completely clear. It's helps when you don't have night sights and when you are focused on your target if tunnel vision takes over. Don't forget a tactical flashlight, too. You need a flashlight to complement the weapon light. They have different duties.
    Thank you for your response! The TLR2 sounds like a great addition to my glock.

Sponsored Links