Hand-made custom gun belt

This is a discussion on Hand-made custom gun belt within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today, I bought from a leather worker (that lives about a mile from me) a belt that is 1.5 inches wide and over 1/8" thick. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By NC Bullseye

Thread: Hand-made custom gun belt

Today, I bought from a leather worker (that lives about a mile from me) a belt that is 1.5 inches wide and over 1/8" thick. Basic black, custom fitted to me. Man, it makes all the difference in being able to carry just about anything with ease. It's made out of a solid piece of leather, no backing, no designs, just a hunk of hyde. Best part, it cost me all of $18. I would have bought more, but like I said, he lives a mile from me so no problem getting them.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Administrator
    "Man, it makes all the difference in being able to carry just about anything with ease."<~~~

He have any left?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Tons of them. The best $18 I've ever spent with regards to carrying. He hand-fitted me up, cut the end, finished the edge, and punched my holes. Then I picked out the buckle. And all for $18. Deal of the century in my opinion. Various styles, widths, colors, some with decor stamping and some without. I just told him I wanted one 1.5" wide and made of thick stiff leather in plain black and he took care of the rest. I've got his name, address, and phone number if you're really interested...I'm sure he'd mail one to ya. PM me and I'll hook you up...I told him I could send him a ton of business.

PS. If you're skinny, they're only $14.

Just a heads up, while you may get good service when new, a single layer of hide will stretch rapidly and will start to take a shape letting the holster droop. That is why most of the more well know belts are two layers and are cut on the opposite bias from each other. You may want to ask him to quote you on one like this. You may be pleasantly surprised.

I went the same way as you with a custom single layer and while at first it was absolutely perfect, after a very short time it was way out of shape.
    Mike1956 and gorilla45 like this.

VIP Member
    I typically turn leather belts into stretched-out junk in just a few weeks. I do have an expensive one that has held up decently, but only wear it now when dressing formally. My daily wear belt is a Wilderness Instructor, which wears and adjusts perfectly with no gun, one gun or two guns inside the waistband. Best belt I have ever worn.

The belt is the key! Before I got a real gun belt I had trouble carrying anything bigger than a 380 IWB. Now I carry a Glock 17 easily!
    Question Everything!

I'll talk to him about the double layer opposite bias and see what he can do. Thanks for the info.

Links