Gunvault - Customer Service kudos

Gunvault - Customer Service kudos

This is a discussion on Gunvault - Customer Service kudos within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I got home late last night - worked all day, then was on duty. Went to put my sidearm into my Gunvault safe...pushed the ...

Thread: Gunvault - Customer Service kudos

Thumbs up Gunvault - Customer Service kudos

So I got home late last night - worked all day, then was on duty. Went to put my sidearm into my Gunvault safe...pushed the code..."whirr"...but the safe would not open. I knew immediately what happened, because it has happened before - the wire cable that the electic motor pulls on, which in turn opens the lock, had frayed and broken. Once I opened the safe with the key, a quick peek with a flashlight confirmed my suspicion.

I called them today, fully expecting them to tell me I was out of luck - I've had this safe just over 3 years, and it was a replacement for another safe that had failed in a similar manner. So, I was pleasantly surprised when they said they would ship me a replacement!

But wait, there's more. Apparently, they have redesigned the lock mechanism to make it more durable - instead of a wire cable, it now uses a metal hook.

The new safe should arrive within 3 weeks. In the meantime, it stinks to have to use the key, but I'll be getting a better safe.

Just wanted to relay some positive experience with a good company!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

great news! Glad everythign worked out for you....are these GunVaults really worth the hype? I'm wondering if the model that reads your fingerprint is legit....seems a little sketchy to me.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Mine just has the 4 buttons on top. I would not trust a fingerprint reader if my hands were wet, sweaty, had blood on them, etc.
    CT Lasers

Glad to hear they have customer service, unlike so many places. (Went to the DMV today - sigh)
    Just got my GunVault this week.

Don't know what you mean. I love the BMV. Actually the one I go to is slow so I am in and out.

What do you secure the vault to? I just lay the gun on my nightstand at night but would like a more permanent option.

Good to hear...I've been relying on one for several years now, and other than battery failure once, have had no problems. (knock wood)
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Update - got my replacement GunVault today. Took longer than expected, but I'm satisfied.

Looks like they did indeed upgrade the lock mechanism - I do not see a cable anymore.

The new safe has grey buttons on top - the old ones were black. Might be a way to see if you are getting a "newer" one, if you are buying retail...look for the grey buttons.

They even supplied a shipping label to send the old one back - no small consideration, since the thing is fairly heavy and expensive to ship.

So, big kudos to the folks at Cannon Safes (which owns GunVault).
    CT Lasers

Good to hear about them not using the cable. It's one thing for it to not work when you are putting your sidearm back in the safe. It's another thing for the safe to fail to open when a crisis is in the works and you can't get to your sidearm.

I only have one of their products (Nano Vault 100) for my car, but I was looking into their other products for my house.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Sponsored Links