The Most Powerful Flashlight. 4,100 Lumens

This is a discussion on The Most Powerful Flashlight. 4,100 Lumens within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; World's Brightest & Most Powerful Flashlight | The Torch $149.95 This Torch burns bright. Currently being tested by Guinness World Records this is the world's ...

Thread: The Most Powerful Flashlight. 4,100 Lumens

Administrator

Post The Most Powerful Flashlight. 4,100 Lumens

World's Brightest & Most Powerful Flashlight | The Torch

$149.95

This Torch burns bright. Currently being tested by Guinness World Records this is the world's brightest and most powerful flashlight. With 4100 lumens of raw light power, it's a full 100 lumens brighter than the previous record holder.
    The Torch can burn hot. You can hold the body of the flashlight as the heat-resistant lens burns plastic, lights paper on fire, and cooks eggs and marshmallows. For a bright light or light-grilling this is the perfect accessory for the outdoor enthusiast.
    Built for the 21st century. A flashlight this bright and powerful can't be made of flimsy plastic. You can be confident in the quality of the construction when you're buying from the home of the world's most powerful lasers. The 100 Watts halogen bulb is fitted with a durable high-heat rated lens. The casing is made of a military-grade aluminum.

2. Remove Ads

had me for a minute until I saw this:

Power Supply: 12x2/3A 1500mAh Cells 14.4V
    Battery Lifetime: 5 Minutes

LOL5 minutes. LOL $34.95 for batteries

Do not want

Administrator
    Yes, but, it even lights cigarettes so...think of all of the money you're saving on Butane.

Plus you can make scrambled eggs with it so...it's a multi-task light.

Incandescent. This is basically a ridiculous toy - it doesn't help that 'Wicked' is a scam-y Chicom company. Their lasers are subpar and customer service gets a bad rep too.

If 4000+ lumens is what you want, buy this: Polarion PH40 "Helios" HID Searchlight

Instant-strike and restrike HID light - unlike regular HIDs this light has a warm-up time of 2-3 seconds rather than a minute. It can also be shut off and on like an LED light without hurting the bulb, again unlike cheap HIDs.

The beam is a 4300 Kelvin CCT beam - similar to good headlights, and close to daylight. Much nicer than the muck yellow of incandescents, or the space blue of cheap HIDs or LEDs.

Over 4000 lumens, and a runtime of over 1 hour.. quite different from the 5 minutes of this silly toy.

And no, I don't work for Polarion.. I just have one of these and it's pretty much my favorite inanimate object in the world.

$2200 for a flashlight? Really? You must be single, because I cannot even begin to assemble an argument that works to make me justify $2200 for a flashlight much less sell it to my wife. I can more easily justify gen 2 or 3 night vision. Wow, I wonder how many they sell other than to our government who will pay $800 for a hammer so $2200 for a flashlight may sound like a deal.

VIP Member
    For only $299.95 you can really light‘em up with this.

Blue Laser Pointer 1 Watt | S3 Arctic | Spyder III | Wicked Lasers
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

That would blind an approaching dirtbag at 'high noon'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'll stick with my puny 360-lumen 4Sevens light. I've found it to be pretty handy. With 4100 lumens you're as likely to blind yourself in close-quarters as another person. That and I don't have that kind of dough to drop on a light.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    For only $299.95 you can really light‘em up with this.

Blue Laser Pointer 1 Watt | S3 Arctic | Spyder III | Wicked Lasers
    What I would do with that I don't know, but I see one in my near future.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links