To Safe or Not to Safe ... That is the Question.

This is a discussion on To Safe or Not to Safe ... That is the Question. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dooga How about individual safes, each one for a separate pistol or gun! The jails around here have lockers for individual pistols ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: To Safe or Not to Safe ... That is the Question.

Quote Originally Posted by dooga View Post
    How about individual safes, each one for a separate pistol or gun!
    The jails around here have lockers for individual pistols so the transportingLEOs have a place to store their stuff before going in, and the hospital officers have a loaded gun they can get to without the delay of getting into the arsenal in case of a medical emergency. I don't know of anybody making one thats fire rated though. Maybe this would work for somebody's situation, you could bolt two or twenty or two hundred together.

Here's one at Galls:
    http://www.galls.com/style-SF066-gen...emovable-shelf
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    I've thought about that myself. I decided to keep my ammo in the safe for two reasons. The first being during a fire, the cook offs will not escape the 10 ga. steel safe and not hinder fire fighting efforts. The second is the one hour fire rating, in hopes the fire will be under control before the ammo cooks. In the basement it's possible the temperature will remain lower that aboveWishfulll thinking maybe.
    The fire-rating is usually a layer of drywall and the one hour rating will shorten proportional to the heat exposure. I think that ammo in a safe is alright, but it should only be ammo......no guns, important papers, jewelry, etc......ONLY AMMO. Keep guns and valuables separate from the ammo.

Consider how hot your gun gets after 10-15 rounds go through it. Let's say you have 500-1000 rounds of ammo stored in your safe, and a house fire increases the inside safe temp enough to cook off that ammo, now add the resulting ammo heat to the already high heat and the results to your stuff isn't pretty.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

tts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    The jails around here have lockers for individual pistols so the transportingLEOs have a place to store their stuff before going in, and the hospital officers have a loaded gun they can get to without the delay of getting into the arsenal in case of a medical emergency. I don't know of anybody making one thats fire rated though. Maybe this would work for somebody's situation, you could bolt two or twenty or two hundred together.

Here's one at Galls:
    Stack-On Pistol Box with Removable Shelf - SF066
    I have that Galls safe, it's decent for the price. I opted to upgrade to the Barska Biometric Safe and couldn't be happier.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links