Gun Vault - Page 2

Gun Vault

This is a discussion on Gun Vault within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Guns and more I'd recommend Lithium AA's. They last forever, and never leak. Unfortunately, GunVault only recommends Duracell AA batteries. Otherwise, using ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Gun Vault

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    I'd recommend Lithium AA's. They last forever, and never leak.
    Unfortunately, GunVault only recommends Duracell AA batteries. Otherwise, using other brands of AA batteries would not make it work properly. Read the instructions in the owner's manual very thoroughly before doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    That's exactly why I use a mechanical pushbutton lock. At least it wasn't a life or death scenario when you discovered your low batteries. Next time, who knows?

Once I have the money saved I will be investing in a Fort Knox hand gun safe like the one demonstrated here: New Fort Knox Auto Pistol Box! - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by nti06 View Post
    Once I have the money saved I will be investing in a Fort Knox hand gun safe like the one demonstrated here: New Fort Knox Auto Pistol Box! - YouTube
    Ft Knox makes pretty good boxes and this one is heavier than most of the others with a 10 gauge body and a 7 gauge door. I would like to see the hinge better as I'm not sure how tamper resistant it is.

6'' deep x 5'' wide x 9.5'' long
    12 lbs
    10 gauge body 3/16'' thick door
    Spring assisted hinges
    Simplex mechanical lock
    Silver carpeted interior
    Solid brass locking bolt
    Textured Black finish

Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    That's exactly why I use a mechanical pushbutton lock. At least it wasn't a life or death scenario when you discovered your low batteries. Next time, who knows?
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by turtle27 View Post
    Just FYI, I was having the same problem with the batteries in my Multi vault. According to gunvault this was a problem with them between certain manufacturing dates (not sure what the dates are), but they said they will replace any effected safes. The number to call is 1-800-242-1055 ext. 771, just have the serial number.
    Thanks for the info. I called them a few minutes ago and they are going to replace my GV2000S that has the battery problem. Batteries don't last 6 months.

Thanks for the info.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I'll never trust a GunVault again... Customer service seems to be willing to fix the issue by sending me a replacement but I'll either sell it or use it for non-critical use.

V-Line Top Draw was my solution.
    V-Line > GunVault

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Thanks for the info. I called them a few minutes ago and they are going to replace my GV2000S that has the battery problem. Batteries don't last 6 months.

Thanks for the info.
    Shew.... I called them on January 9th 2012 about the issue. They told me they would send me another one out and that it would take up to 5 weeks. Today is March 30th and I still haven't heard or seen anything from them. I just called them and he did not say what the hold up was, or why they didn't ship. He did say that they would ship it in the next 24 to 48 hours. Not a very friendly fellow.

If ever I buy another vault similar to this in any way, I'll go with another brand. Gunvault's customer service is pretty sad. (Actually they answer the phone as "Canon"). So I guess I steer clear of Canon as well.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    I have the larger 2000S version. It frequently does the click-no open routine. Keying the code in it again will open it. Also, it frequently will not open, but beep, when the correct code is entered as if the code was improperly entered. The most times it has done this was 3 and then it opened. On 1 occassion, it simply failed to open and I had to key open it. Suffice it to say, I would never use it when I absolutely, postively had to get into the box quickly. I like that it stores 3 guns, some knives and other items, but I would not bet my life on it.
    Last edited by ksholder; March 30th, 2012 at 08:03 PM.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I have the Microvault. I've had it for about two years and just replaced the batteries two days ago. I had the door fail to pop one time, and that was my own fault. I had the safe overloaded and it couldn't move down the fraction of an inch it needed. No problem whatsoever using the key to open it. I actually plan on getting another one for another area of the house.

All that said, if V-line safes were less than what they are I would have those. Less things to worry about. I will be purchasing one of their safes for my vehicle since batteries would have to be replaced quite a bit with our wacky weather.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

If it doesn't have a key or a combo I am not really interested in it storing my firearms.

Administrator
    I would suggest that folks use Lithium batteries. They (of course) are more expensive but, the useful battery life is MUCH longer than Alkaline Energizers.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    My experience with GunVault has been nothing but awful! I'll never own another one and absolutely regret purchasing the piece of crap. I've replaced it with a V-Line Top Draw and never looked back. Been waiting for over 3 months for GunVault to send a replacement, when I asked about the status they were very rude, like I was inconveniencing them.

Thing ate a set of 8 batteries every 2-3 weeks tops, and that was using what they recommend.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I like the Fast safe pretty kewl, my gun sits on the night stand while I sleep no little ones
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I was wondering if the battery life I was experiencing is normal. Only two weeks with no low battery warning didn't seem right to me. Thanks for the info, I will call to get a replacement.
    Walk softly ...

I went ahead and got the deluxe model just for this reason (with the AC connection and using batteries as a backup). I have had zero issues with mine after a year of use.

I highly recommend the deluxe model, it's worth the small price difference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links