Safariland Comp1 speedloader

This is a discussion on Safariland Comp1 speedloader within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a couple of these a week or so ago and wanted to give my opinion regarding their performance... After several months of ...

Thread: Safariland Comp1 speedloader

Safariland Comp1 speedloader

I picked up a couple of these a week or so ago and wanted to give my opinion regarding their performance...

After several months of using the speed strips and the HKS speed loaders, I decided to give these a try, and all I can say is WOW! what a difference.... The speed at which the Comp 1 loader operates compared to the HKS is night and day to say the least... It's so fast that I would dare say, it's darn near the speed of a magazine fed auto loader. Sure the mag fed auto is still a tad bit faster, but IMO the time has been nearly cut in half.. The way these work in the event some are unaware is; instead of making sure that the rounds line up in the cylinder and press in then turn the knob on the HKS, you simply make sure the rounds are lined up and press the loader in until it clicks and releases the rounds. It feels as if the rounds are actually being released under pressure so that when they are released they're actually injected into the cylinder. I may be wrong about that, but however it's done, it's fast and effective compared to the HKS speed loader. Bottom line is, if you're looking for a fast and effective way to reload a revolver, I would highly recommend the Safariland Comp 1 speed loader.. from me, FWTW.

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I use the comp-I when I carry my j-frame, and use the comp-II's for my model 66. Been thinking of trying some of the S.L. Variants in the future, although they are a little expensive.

2029077.jpg
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

If they make them for your revolver, the SL Comp III is great and comparable to the SL variant at 1/3 less cost.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

WOW! $35.00 That's costly. I think I got the Comp1's for $12 each from MidwayUSA.... The CompIII's look a little too bulky to ride in the pocket, at least for me anyway.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

My comp1 broke/doesn't release. I'm sure it was me. Hks until I can replace the malfunctioning safariland. I sure liked it, though. I do have concerns about accidentally releasing the rounds reaching into my pocket.
    Skillet Hot!

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    SL Varients are the best I know, but the Comp I's are great for pocket carry.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    WOW! $35.00 That's costly. I think I got the Comp1's for $12 each from MidwayUSA.... The CompIII's look a little too bulky to ride in the pocket, at least for me anyway.
    Yeah this is why I've been thinking about it only, and haven't bought any. My problem isn't my j-frame or k-frame revolvers but my N-frame model 27, SL doesn't make any comps for this model that I have seen, which is why I was looking at the S.L. Variants.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Links