anyone know about blackhawk clothes??

anyone know about blackhawk clothes??

This is a discussion on anyone know about blackhawk clothes?? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just ordered a pair of the lightweight tactical pants from lapolicegear and its my first pair of "tacticool" pants. They look comfortable and nice for ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By F350

Thread: anyone know about blackhawk clothes??

Question anyone know about blackhawk clothes??

Just ordered a pair of the lightweight tactical pants from lapolicegear and its my first pair of "tacticool" pants. They look comfortable and nice for carrying iwb. Anyone have any experience?

When I was in Iraq the majority of the civilians wore 5.11 gear but towards the end I saw more and more Blackhawk gear and the guys I talked to that were wearing it were pretty happy with it.
    Guest1 likes this.

just like F350 said the 5.11's were popular and I still wear them today,the only pair of Blackhawks I had were comfortable and light,but did not hold up very well in the pockets or knees.

Nice to know! LOL! I got them on sale and they came with a free maxpedition wallet so hey? Can't go wrong I geuss. I am going to try a pair of 5.11 also.....maybe next week.....f-350...what year do you have? I got a 05 250 and love more and more. I have heard bad stuff on the 6.0 but knock on wood no problem yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    ..f-350...what year do you have? I got a 05 250 and love more and more. I have heard bad stuff on the 6.0 but knock on wood no problem yet!
    2003, first year of the 6.0, had a couple little problems (high pressure oil pump drive shaft broke, high pressure side of turbo came loose under max pressure) both fixed by Ford no questions asked.

THE major problem with the 6.0 is the EGR where the exhaust gas is cooled before being fed back into cylinders, the oil baffles are too small and WILL plug up, main sign is white "smoke" (actually coolant steam) at the tail pipe. Oil and coolant are both present in the cooler and the mechanic that worked on mine said when I picked it up he just got one in with oil in the coolant and coolant in the oil. Only way to head it off is to have the BG oil system cleaning (or similar) done at recommended mileages and use GOOD oil (not Rotella, I use Mobil Delvac). As a preventive measure I had a EGR bypass kit installed, CAN NOT be done where exhaust monitoring/inspection is done (actually illegal), there is also a EGR cooler with larger baffles that is also available, problem occurs (usually) at about 100,000 miles, I'm at 115,000.

Report back out they turn out to be, I just ordered a bunch of the LAPG branded pants, I'd had a few pair in once, cut so added more to that collection and ordered a few other to see if I like those. I've got a Blackhawk contractors cap that I wear just about everyday and it's been great for about two years now, but that's all I've tried of their clothes so far. I've been happy with the 5.11 shirts and belts I've got too, and lurk on LAPG looking for those to catch another good sale. I've found as long as I pick the colors and styles carefully (like avoiding one that lets you put an AR mag on your shins), it's no different to the rest of the world as though I were wearing old navy cargos, or non brand name stuff from kohls, but it's twice as durable for about the same cost, and that's what really wins me over, I'm tired of throwing out pants after less than a year because they rip and fill with holes.

Glock Certified Armorer

I have a few pairs of Blackhawks and like them. They are just another take on tactical pants. Everyone has their own variant. Here's a video review I did on them. You can check out my other pant reviews. I seem to have an abundance of them.

Lightweight, wear well, rather baggy for my liking.

Sponsored Links