Looking for EDC Flashlight - Page 5

Looking for EDC Flashlight

This is a discussion on Looking for EDC Flashlight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a new Surefire 6PX Defender coming in the next few weeks, I will do a detailed review on it after I've used it ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Looking for EDC Flashlight

CJM
    I have a new Surefire 6PX Defender coming in the next few weeks, I will do a detailed review on it after I've used it a bit. A good light and a sharp knife are two things I find myself using enough to always keep them on me.

I like my Fenix PD20 alot. Its compact and fits in the pocket and I don't even know it's there.
    Blade Reviews 101 - Knife, Tactical & Survival Gear Reviews
    The Knife Exchange - Buy, Sell, and Trade Knives
    Facebook - Instagram

Wow...lots of flashlight nerds ITT

I don't mean that as an insult. I can't believe there is so much to know about flashlights! Thanks everyone for your knowledge!

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    ^ That's not an insult. That's a compliment!
    nerdyvirgin likes this.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Surfire hands down
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    I own five handheld tac lights at this time .Two surefire G2's ,one for the go bag one for the house .An older style surefire executive elite which i leave in the truck because i always forget to take a light with me when i leave(and it has a pocket clip so it is handy to carry).A surefire G3 led which is my work light and some model of BLACKHAWK! light not sure what it is (legacy i think), tac switch that is soft rubber and grenade checkerd body( bought it at the tactical store at camp atterbury on clearence).I also owned a streamlight nightfighter2 .All the surefire lights have worked great,no issues.The BLACKHAWK! light also has done the job no issues.The steamlight was a good light ,for years it was my only light.I beat the living dog dirt out of this light,washer /dryer multipule times dropped ,ran over by lawn mower,just generall all around treated badly and it held up for many years.It finally met its doom when i loned it to a co-worker and he put his thumb through the lens that was no dought weakend by years of abuse.Long story but a streamlight or surefire will do you right.
    The easy way is always mined.

CJM
    I like Surefire products. 6PX Defender, 200 lumens of bad guy blinding awesomeness.

I've got a Fenix PD31 and a Surefire G2. The Surefire was relegated to carbine-light duty. The Fenix has options for much lower levels of light, the G2 has only on and off settings. On a carbine, that's fine. For a personal light, I prefer to have low light levels for most of the stuff I do - so the Fenix is the go-to light. I burn less batteries that way, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    I like Surefire products. 6PX Defender, 200 lumens of bad guy blinding awesomeness.

Nice SIG. My first ever pistol was a SIG SP2340. Wish I still had it.
    Blade Reviews 101 - Knife, Tactical & Survival Gear Reviews
    The Knife Exchange - Buy, Sell, and Trade Knives
    Facebook - Instagram

I was a surefire or nothing kinda guy. I had 6p's for years. I swore by them. I got an E2E and loved it. The lamp broke on it one day cause my daughter took it off my duty belt to look for something, bulb got hot and she dropped it putting it back in the pouch (whatever you get get and LED mine was an older non LED model). I could not find a lamp for it locally so I needed a light and did not want to buy another surefire. I bought a Streamlight PT 2L Professional Tactical Light, C4 LED, Aluminum figuring when I got the lamp replaced the streamlight would go in my go bag for work. Well two years later and the lamp is still broken with the surefire in a drawer with a note on it to get it fixed and I still carry that streamlight daily. I am going to buy another one soon. I love the light. Small, light, three modes, LED, brighter than my surefire, does not get nearly hot as the surefire did. I cannot say anything bad about it. And it was half the price of the E2E.
    scgunlover1 likes this.

I just recently added a tactical light to the equipment I carry, and although I really wanted a Surefire, I'm just too damned cheap. So I did some research and opted for a Coast PX25 for $40 at Home Depot. (Ive never spent $40 on a flashlight before, so even that hurt a bit.) I have to say that I'm extremely happy with this Coast flashlight. It runs on 3 AAA batteries, has a lifetime warranty, quality construction, simple design (just a basic tube look, which I prefer over the somewhat busy designs of other flashlights), and a really nice, crisp white light with no focus option. I go to work at 4am every morning, and I use this 208 lumens baby to light up the yard, the street, the bushes, and my car as I move from the house to my car. It's one bright light, and the quality of the light is what amazes me everytime I use it. It's got one of those little square LED chips in it, and I'd hate to have someone shine it in my eyes.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    ^ I couldn't find any direct beam-shot comparos of the Coast PX25, but I did find some indirect comparisons of it versus some other lights, and it seems very impressive, particularly given its cost! I'm going to have to pick one up to play with, I think!

----

I recently updated my old Surefire E2D. I bought a couple of Surefire M600C Scout Lights for my two ARs (LMT MRP CQB16-DI complimented by a DDM4V5LW which I'm going to be using as a class/training beater), and I decided to cap one off, just for when it's resting in the safe, with my old incandescent head from the E2D while I steal its KX2C head to use in "updating/upgrading" the E2D.

That lasted only a few days - it just didn't feel right to me that one of the guns in my safe isn't really and truly ready-to-rock.

So I finally went the way of a Malkoff M60 and grabbed a VME head to adapt it to the old E2D body. That's now taken the place of my Z2S-LED, which has rotated fully to being in the safe, used as a pure training/SHTF light.

I've always liked Surefire, but recently got a 5.11 flashlight that came free on one of their promotions. I am extremely impressed - it's a great quality light and significantly less expensive than Surefire, even at full retail

I picked up a small LED at Home Depot for about $10. Manufacturer is Definat. I believe it is about 90 lumens. It has three settings - bright, low, and strobe. Not sure about a bezel but I think if I smacked somebody in the head with it they would not like it very much.

I've been carrying a Nebo blue line flashlight. I made a kydex clip on holder and it stays on my belt 90 % of time. It is not super bright but it works for my needs and if I lose it the loss is only $15 or so. The best thing is it takes a single AA battery. Commonly available and the size is small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links