Looking for EDC Flashlight - Page 6

Looking for EDC Flashlight

This is a discussion on Looking for EDC Flashlight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is an awesome little light. I found it at my local Sportsmans Warehouse. It rocks!! Nebo SE Redline LED Flashlight...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Looking for EDC Flashlight

This is an awesome little light. I found it at my local Sportsmans Warehouse. It rocks!!

Nebo SE Redline LED Flashlight

I like throw and spill, so I often EDC my Lunasol.
    Attached Images

I carry This every day, including while flying. ---> Nebo SE Redline LED Flashlight

Quote Originally Posted by McPatrickClan View Post
    I have been researching flashlights and the number of options is amazing! (have to love living in America!) This will be my first serious EDC flashlight; all my others have been run of the mill household lights.

I am looking for a flashlight that is at least 100 lumens, has a bezel w/the ability to strike an attacker (strike bezel?), runs on AAAs (if possible), has a click-on button on the back and has a strobe feature.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
    You need to try led flashlights. They look awesome.

I've purchased 8 of these... BBQbuy@7w 300lm Mini Cree Led Flashlight Torch Adjustable Focus Zoom Light Lamp - Amazon.com Nice for the price. Takes 1 AA and has a High, Low, and Strobe. Make sure you purchase from BestDeal777. They come from China, and take about 11 days to arrive...You can't complain for less than $6.50 a piece shipped. Good nightstand or glove box light too. Blinding someone momentarily would not be out of the question as they are very bright.
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

this is my EDC light... it meets all your requirements (except battery)

it's small so I clip it onto my pocket next to my EDC knife.

Amazon.com: Streamlight 88030 Protac Tactical Flashlight 1L with White LED Includes 1 CR123A Lithium Battery and Holster, Black: Home Improvement

So Call me el cheapo but i found an energizer flashlight for 15 bucks at target last year. 80 lumens, scalloped for defensive uses ( strike bezel), uses AAA batteries, LED, and lightweight. Its not a surefire but I dont need it to be. It is super bright, batteries are easy to come by, fits in a pocket and works very well for tactical hangun techniques. oh, and it was 15 bucks
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member
    I've got various lights stashed all over the place...
    My latest EDC light is a bit bulkier than some, but with four AA batteries this thing pumps out 860 lumens with exceptional throw and a clean, useful "spill". It's a NiteCore EA4.
    NITECORE
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

I have 3 lights for 3 different purposes.

4Sevens preon 2: This is my work light. It works great for when I am detailing cars, and the low setting isnt too bright for checking pupils on aid calls.

Fenix TK20: Discontinued, but this thing is a tank. only 160 lumens I think, but it is getting moved to be a dedicated light in my truck.

Klarus XT2C: 530 lumens with instant access to both strobe and momentary/constant turbo. This is my going out at night light.

My Latest Light

Fenix's homepages

Fenix PD32 Ultimate:

740 Lumens in burst mode (3-minutes). I've found this too bright for casual use and drop it back to 400 lumens for my default mode.
    Uses 2 CR123 batteries, or a single 18650 Li-ion rechargeable. The rechargeable makes operation cheap, but I have the option of dropping in CR123's if necessary.

An end cap On/Off and a separate body button to change modes, including a hold for 1-sec to jump immediately to a 400 lumen strobe.

I'm also looking for edc light. 1xAA or 2xAA size battery, not many lumens, it's enough 200 lm. And price is max. $40

I picked up a C20C Sunwayman Tomahawk... love it. Been carrying it for 6 months.

SUNWAYMAN C20C LED Flashlight with CREE XM-L U2 LED - 450 Lumens - Uses 2 x CR123A or 1 x 18650

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Buy a SureFire 'once', buy several others and you'll eventually get back to one of the best...SurFire!
    Pay a little more up front, or pay a little less several times.OMOYMV
    Retsupt99 has got it right! Surefire is the only way to go in my opinion.....being in the hunting business almost 30 years, I've tried dozens upon dozens of flashlights and never found anything quite like my Surefire Fury......500/15 lumens and you buy a 12 pk of lithium batteries for $25. Cheap to operate, great everyday light at 15 lumens and blinding defensive light at 500 lumens! I use the low light for trailing deer at night and the high setting(500 lumens) when scanning and looking for animals! AWESOME LIGHT!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Fobus actually makes a paddle holster that holds an extra 9mm or .40 mag and a surefire flashlight all on one.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McPatrickClan View Post
    I have been researching flashlights and the number of options is amazing! (have to love living in America!) This will be my first serious EDC flashlight; all my others have been run of the mill household lights.

I am looking for a flashlight that is at least 100 lumens, has a bezel w/the ability to strike an attacker (strike bezel?), runs on AAAs (if possible), has a click-on button on the back and has a strobe feature.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
    Mine uses CR123A batteries, but I have a Streamlight ProTac HL2 which is 600 lumens, has strobe, breaching teeth on the front, etc.. and I absolutely LOVE this light.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links