Night Sight for Glock 26 Gen4

This is a discussion on Night Sight for Glock 26 Gen4 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I own a Glock 26 Gen4 and I must say I enjoy the standard Glock sights (non night) that come with them. Although one thing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Sight for Glock 26 Gen4

Night Sight for Glock 26 Gen4

I own a Glock 26 Gen4 and I must say I enjoy the standard Glock sights (non night) that come with them. Although one thing that has been having me think is I could not see my sights at night if there was a need to use my firearm in self defense.

General distance for self defense is about 7 yards. At that distance would a person just point and shoot or do you still recommend converting to night sights if this is my standard carry sidearm?

Also if you consider night sights could you suggest some to me. I know there are a lot, but I'm sure that you guys / gals out there have first hand experience with them and could lead me in the right direction.

Dumb question..... Does someone make night sights for the Glock pistols that resemble the current look (w/o using the 3 dot method)?

Thank you in advance.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

2. Remove Ads

Trijicons work for me, and yes, at night the front site alone helps in point shooting.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Good idea. I never thought to just do the front.

Thank you for your feedback.

I have trijicons as well and enjoy them but I really like my truglo tfo. Fiber optic is super bright during the day and the tritium glows bright at night. Just my. 02

i just put on my XS big dot 24/7 express on my Glock 19...love 'em! they are purely self defense, yeah they can be used to hit spot on but ideally they are for 15yds and closer. its basically just dotting the i with a giant dot lol. from the holster it basically puts the sights center mass for you. i really like them. not gonna punch paper at 25yds, but for what they are designed for they excel... that said they use tritium so they always glow.. always! so even if its pitch black and your guns been in the holster all day, it comes out and you can put shots on target. just my opinion with what i got. good luck with whatever you decide. i got mine on amazon for cheaper than XS website.
    Semper Fi

I'm a satisfied Tru Glo TFO customer.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    I'm a satisfied Tru Glo TFO customer.
    How durable are they? I was considering getting some, but I have been shooting about 100 rounds a week and was concerned with how well they would hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by McDonaldUSMC View Post
    i just put on my XS big dot 24/7 express on my Glock 19...love 'em! they are purely self defense, yeah they can be used to hit spot on but ideally they are for 15yds and closer. its basically just dotting the i with a giant dot lol. from the holster it basically puts the sights center mass for you. i really like them. not gonna punch paper at 25yds, but for what they are designed for they excel... that said they use tritium so they always glow.. always! so even if its pitch black and your guns been in the holster all day, it comes out and you can put shots on target. just my opinion with what i got. good luck with whatever you decide. i got mine on amazon for cheaper than XS website.
    Same here - just installed mine yesterday, only on a Glock 26. Also ordered them from Amazon. Easy to install, kit includes a Delron drift punch to remove the old sights, a special tool for the front sight screw and rear sight allen screws as well as a small tube of red loctite. There's a good installation video online as well as simple written instructions with the kit.

I know some folks feel these sights are somewhat of a gimmick, but I tried them out at a training class a few years ago and loved them. My interest is strictly self defense, so the ability to get that dot on the target quickly (especially with "old" eyes) is really paramount. I was also concerned that the larger front sight might be an issue with my Comp-Tac paddle holster (too tall for the tunnel), but there's plenty of clearance.

Certainly worth a quick look before making a decision, IMO.

Click here for the installation video

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    Good idea. I never thought to just do the front.

Thank you for your feedback.
    Didn't mean to do just the front, just only need the front for something quick at night.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I got that after doing some additional research. :-)

So at the moment I'm trying to decide between:

TruGlo Brite Site Series
    XS Sights Big Dot 24/7 Express
    Trijicon Bright & Tough™ Night Sights

VIP Member
    The reason I prefer trijicons, is that they are bright, but not too bright, as well as small (the front sight doesn't cover up my target).

Although as my eyes get weaker, I may find that I prefer bigger and brighter.

Tfo's are great...they are pretty durable as well. Watch some reviews on you tube. The only thing to watch for is holsters. Sometimes they catch on your holster if its a tight leather holster

All my Glocks have TFOs and I haven't had any major issue. Once, during a long class the setscrew in the rear sight started to back out. Fixed with loctite amd never happened again. Of all the ones I have installed for customers only one had a problem, dead rear sight lamp on one side. Tru Glo replaced it with a phone call.

I'm a dinosaur who hates to change, but I would consider a front-only Tru Glo sight after reluctantly learning some new things.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Any experience holstering them into a Crossbreed Super Tuck? Issues or no snag problems?

love my Trijicon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links