Bail out bags?

This is a discussion on Bail out bags? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I folks, this is my first post on here so im still learning how to work this thing... My question is what are people using ...

Thread: Bail out bags?

Bail out bags?

I folks, this is my first post on here so im still learning how to work this thing...

My question is what are people using for BOB and want to see about getting ideas for myself. Unfortunately i can carry on my persons all the time but want to have it with me at all times.

At the moment i use a max mongo pack, not to bad but kinda big and uneasy to draw from.

Any ideas and photos will help. Thank you

2. Remove Ads

Welcome. You can use the Search feature to get good info about BOB's here on DC, but if you want a ton of info, you can find specific web sites that get very detailed about each and every item and why.

You might have to google that.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Welcome. You can use the Search feature to get good info about BOB's here on DC, but if you want a ton of info, you can find specific web sites that get very detailed about each and every item and why.

You might have to google that, but try Bug out bags.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    There are tons of threads on this site - just search around a bit. There are also a number of other sites with great resources too. Are you talking about a bob, or a ghb?

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    There are tons of threads on this site - just search around a bit. There are also a number of other sites with great resources too. Are you talking about a bob, or a ghb?
    ghb= get home bag?

Administrator
    I'm using the MAXPEDITION Vulture II. I just got it recently and it's super nice.
    I've found that I've just got a whole heap of useable space compared to my last pak.

Note: This is not me or my Video but it's a good one to show you the details of the VULTURE II.

This may possibly be a bit roomier than what you need but, I have got to carry extra stuff since in a "bug out" scenario my Wife cannot hump much weight due to a prior whiplash injury. So...I'm the primary pack mule.

Packed items shown in this video are not indicative of the contents of my personal bag but, WILL demonstrate just how much space there is in this bag.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx79 View Post
    ghb= get home bag?
    You got it. The ONLY place I am interested in going when the (insert choice of calamity) happens is home. In the words of Dale Dye's character in Platoon, "Pull back, just where do you think you are gonna pull back to? Negative, ..."

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    You got it. The ONLY place I am interested in going when the (insert choice of calamity) happens is home. In the words of Dale Dye's character in Platoon, "Pull back, just where do you think you are gonna pull back to? Negative, ..."
    I keep a bag full of stuff in my truck in case I get stuck somewhere due to weather. Would that be a bail in bag?
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Administrator
    No...that would be a BIT - Bag In Trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    I keep a bag full of stuff in my truck in case I get stuck somewhere due to weather. Would that be a bail in bag?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Check out SIXTO'S list, it is pretty complete but if you have to start from scratch it gets pricey real quick! Go through your spare gear and see what you can pirate,this should save you some money.

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    Check out SIXTO'S list, it is pretty complete but if you have to start from scratch it gets pricey real quick! Go through your spare gear and see what you can pirate,this should save you some money.
    what is sixto's list?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    That is what I call a get home bag, or GHB.

I keep a get home bag in my truck, and allow myself three days to get home, because of my work location, if worse comes to worse, it would take a lot of ammo and 3 days, not to mention, some help from above.....but the only place i am interested in bailing to is the house. From there we have a plan,.....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Sorry it is Barkn's list not Sixto's list. my bad ,going off memory evidently not a good idea!

Links