Laser Ammo

This is a discussion on Laser Ammo within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Laser Ammo Home Page Anybody use this product? Looks like it would be a nice addition to dry fire training. I dry fire frequently and ...

Thread: Laser Ammo

Laser Ammo

Laser Ammo Home Page

Anybody use this product? Looks like it would be a nice addition to dry fire training. I dry fire frequently and just watch my sights for movement. It would be nice to see the results on the target.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

I've seen it advertised and it sounds ok, though I have not used it. It seems that it would be easier to see where you are aiming when the trigger is pulled.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

I have another brand of "laser" sight that I use to train with point shooting. It works pretty well in low light, but not as good in bright sunlight. Beats using up a bunch of ammo and gives immediate feed-back on hit/misses.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I use a Laserlyte for the same thing, looks like the same principle. I also use it to bench sight in my laser grips. Beats firing he gun in the house....
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Yeah, it looks like it's worth picking up.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I allso have a laserlyte. 80.00 is a high price but it works well as far as training/ dry firing from a holster.

Some tips for laserlyte : there is no on/off switch so you have use an insulator to keep the batteries good OR flip the last battery over and it does the same thing. 2) The screw pushes down the on the back to allow the plastic cone to expand to fit different calipers. if you put a spot of superglue on the underside of the screw head it will allow you to expand the plastic tip inside the barrel by twisting the unit after inserting for a better grip and center the laser better on the lands and groves

FWIW -- I just got a LaserLyte laser training cartridge for use in my .380 pistols. It is much smaller than the products on the website posted by the OP seem to be -- does not extend the length of the barrel. It is a great help for dry fire training at home. I practice more often, and have noticed a lot of improvement in my grip and accuracy as a result. The unit's batteries are supposed to be good for 3000 "shots", and a set of replacement batteries is included. The $80 cost of the unit was worth it, I think.

Distinguished Member
    I also have the LaserLyte, I have the universal LT-Pro model but am considering getting one of the caliber specific units. I also recently acquired the LaserLyte target trainer which has been an even greater help being able to record and see where my shots land.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar

Laser Training

Discloser: I am one of the developers of the system I will be talking about, but I figured it is relevant to what people are talking about here.

The OCAT Laser Training System, takes that laser training from flashing a laser on the wall to acutally simulating what you would be doing out at the range. We track the laser pulse and give you a circle on the screen showing you were you hit. We also change the size of the circle you will see on the screen to show you how much movement there was in the laser pulse. We give you a line to show you the direction of that movement. This will let you see if you are mashing the trigger, or doing many of those other bad habits.

We think that laser training with the cost of ammo today is becoming more and more popular and a viable option now that you can acutally see where you are hitting an how you are moving the firearm.

Links