SureFire Sonic Defenders

SureFire Sonic Defenders

This is a discussion on SureFire Sonic Defenders within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife does not like the muff type ear protection. I have been looking for something else that will be more comfortable for her and ...

Thread: SureFire Sonic Defenders

SureFire Sonic Defenders

My wife does not like the muff type ear protection. I have been looking for something else that will be more comfortable for her and make for longer range visits. I have seen the SureFire Sonic Defenders - Sonic Defenders® Max - EP5 available from SureFire - and thought these may be an option. They have a NRR of 26. Have any of you tried these? If so, can you share your thoughts? I appreciate any input in this matter.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I use them most of the time. If outdoors, they work great. If indoors, I try to double-up with slim earmuffs (brand escapes me now)...an indoor range making loud noises...is very loud...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

The EP4 Plus sonic defenders are great. Very comfortable and more than enough for outdoors. I have used them by themselves indoors on occasion. Not sure I'd make a habit of it but they were better than the foamies by themselves.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Radians sells a custom mold kit in several different colors. You can mold them at home in about 15 minutes and they are a comfortable custom fit. You can order through Brownell's or online. The exact fit makes them super comfortable, but like the Sonics, they are a little light for indoor ranges.

And as a side note, I had an issue with a Radians product and their customer service was excellent, best service I had in a long time.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I've used both the Radians self-mold and the Sonic Defenders almost exclusively at indoor ranges. The Radians plugs are OK for a .22 rifle by themselves, but need muffs over them (I use Howard Leight) if you're shooting anything bigger, or a pistol of any variety. The Sonic Defenders are adequate if you put the little plug in the center piece, but I use muffs over them most of the time anyway. After 55 years of things going boom, my hearing needs all the help it can get. :)

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    I use them most of the time. If outdoors, they work great. If indoors, I try to double-up with slim earmuffs (brand escapes me now)...an indoor range making loud noises...is very loud...
    this.. they work great outside.. they SUCK indoors...

Sponsored Links