Liberty Gun Safes

This is a discussion on Liberty Gun Safes within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bolocanolo I looked at the Liberty safe, but decided to go with Patriot Safe. Came all the way from California to Florida, ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Liberty Gun Safes

Quote Originally Posted by bolocanolo View Post
    I looked at the Liberty safe, but decided to go with Patriot Safe. Came all the way from California to Florida, was not charged for shipping and they brought it in to my garage. Take a look at their website.
    which one did you get? I've been looking at them lately......

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I purchased the Liberty Centurion Fatboy Jr. after months of research. I have been very pleased. I purchased it online and had it shipped to the house. I paid a less than $1000. I don't think you will find more safe for the money anywhere. Its rated for 48 long guns but in reality unless they were all single shot shotguns you are not getting anywhere near that many long guns in the safe. I have about 25 in it now and its tight. Of course many of my long guns have optics mounted and I have several AK's and AR's and the grips takes up space.

FIRE PROTECTION
    • 62,000 BTUs and more fireboard than the competition - including 30 minutes @ 1200-1400F
    • Palusol heat-expanding seal included on all models, expanding up to 7 times it size in a fire at 212F. Don't settle for inferior door seals used on cheaper safes.

SECURITY
    • The Fatboy Jr. has been awarded UL Residential Security Container burglary classification
    • Triple case hardened steel plates protect lock from drill attack
    • Defensive barrier of 6 active 1" diameter bolts with 3 additional stationary bolts on the hinge side
    • Cam-drive bolt locking mechanism with slip clutch handle
    • UL Listed S&G™ Group II lock

STYLE & FUNCTION
    • Durable textured black finish with satin chrome hardware with 3-point handle
    • Upholstered Collector interior with Double Sportsman Rack in gray fabric. Holds up to 48 long guns! (Gun capacity may vary depending upon size of guns and scopes mounted).
    RockStrongo, RETSUPT99 and baren like this.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

When I first posted in this thread I couldn't have foreseen that I was serious enough about a new safe to buy one the next day but, brought one home Thursday evening. It's a big Cannon. Tall too. Serves to receive all of the important long arms and nearly all of the not-so-important ones. The total handgun menagerie goes up top. I'm not storing ammo in it so there's still room to spare. Pleased overall except for the electronic lock which I'd have preferred to avoid but the year-end sale and the price convinced me.

Cannon claims reliability for their electronic locks. I contacted them and made inquiry. I've got their "better" grade lock (whatever that means). They also say that they'll cover any repair costs to access the safe in the event that the lock fails. They seem to have a good lifetime guarantee.

Struck out for home on faith after they loaded it in the back of the pickup. Didn't know exactly how we'd unload and install it but weren't keen on having unknown shippers/installers in the house to see the safe and layout. On Friday, we began early to round up friends but one of my wife's coworkers suggested that one of the directors of the land bank where she is employed has a furniture store and all sorts of moving equipment. Sure enough, by 9:00 Friday morning he was here with an over-sized piano dolly and a side kick. I had the pickup backed up to the side porch and they had the safe off and installed in the house in less than five minutes flat. Can't beat a deal like that. I guess it's all in knowing how to finesse it. All I had to do was securely bolt it down which was accomplished.

Loaded the long guns in Saturday and then decided I could load them a different way to obtain space for more so took everything out for another try. Got them all in to suit myself but later that evening discovered a lonely Winchester Model 70 .375 H&H Magnum rifle standing in a corner where I'd stashed it during the earlier loading attempt. So, did some minor reconfiguring and slammed the door on the whole accumulation.
    No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    When I first posted in this thread I couldn't have foreseen that I was serious enough about a new safe to buy one the next day but, brought one home Thursday evening...
    Congrats!! (Pics or it didn't happen) hehehe

My old faithful digital camera died suddenly. I got a replacement but haven't had time to take it out to become familiar with it. Perhaps I can try it on the safe soon.
    No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Hey pirate, Is that a safe or a gun store? Nice. Now I want a liberty safe!
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Gander has the fatboy but charge an arm and a leg for delivery...and more than $1k for the safe!

DOC8404 The Patriot safe I got was the "protector" 24 gun safe 2 Hrs fire 1880 2010 L.E.O. Paid $2123.00 (Dec 2009price) with free shipping delivered inside my garage.
    Doc8404 likes this.

I'm starting to think this one is a good deal! relockers and all
    Cannon Gun Safe, TS7240, 72 in. H - 3910084 | Tractor Supply Company

this one is just too nice to sit in my basement LOL
    http://www.patriotsafe.com/Collector...al-_p_491.html

Quote Originally Posted by Doc8404 View Post
    Gander has the fatboy but charge an arm and a leg for delivery...and more than $1k for the safe!
    I had my Fatboy 64 delivered from Gander & bolted down for ~$225.00
    Last edited by ZX9RCAM; December 20th, 2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: changed 65 to 64....duhhhh!
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

I'm starting to think this one is a good deal! relockers and all
    Cannon Gun Safe, TS7240, 72 in. H - 3910084 | Tractor Supply Company

this one is just too nice to sit in my basement LOL
    "Collector" 39 gun safe 2 hour fire 1880 2012 L.E.O Special
    That Cannon linked from Tractor Supply is just like the one I got. A fellow can get more long guns in it than advertised if some of them are carbine length and he can pack well.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    My old faithful digital camera died suddenly.
    Hopefully not made by the same outfit as the lock on your safe...!
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    I had my Fatboy 65 delivered from Gander & bolted down for ~$225.00
    wow, was that going through your local store or online? Online they want crazy money.

wow, was that going through your local store or online? Online they want crazy money.
    It was people the store recommended..they picked it up from the store & brought it to my house, Gander had their business cards there & a sign recommending them.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog44 View Post
    Hey pirate, Is that a safe or a gun store? Nice. Now I want a liberty safe!
    Its a closed off hidden dark place where the wife can never look or venture!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links