carry flashlights

carry flashlights

This is a discussion on carry flashlights within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; what is the best carry light and is the streamlight stylus pen light a good carry light...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: carry flashlights

carry flashlights

what is the best carry light and is the streamlight stylus pen light a good carry light

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by glock42 View Post
    what is the best carry light and is the streamlight stylus pen light a good carry light
    The Streamlight Stylus is a handy light, but doesn't have a lot of output. I really like my Steamlight PT1L, I bought mine about a year ago and I can honestly say I've maybe gone 7 days without in that year.

I've been carrying an older version of the Fenix PD 30 for over a year. Love it. It's handier than you think. I hardly go anywhere without it. The O light by Fenix is nice, and a bit smaller.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

if you dont want to spend much and want a "pen" light these are handy, use aaa batts that come with it and are about $8

glock42 likes this.

Like stated pen lights are good for certain things but don't "throw" far. My edc rotates between a fenix pd30 and a 4sevens quark 123 Turbo. About 2 years now and like stated maybe a week without it total. You will be amazed how handy they are after you have one

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glock42 View Post
    You're asking the wrong questions.

What you should be asking yourself are:

What your intended use of the light is to be.

How much you're willing to spend.

Does battery type matter.

How big do you want it to be (i.e. Are you in a suit all day, or do you have a "Bat-Belt" of some kind, for work?).

There's a log of really, really good lights out there, but without a defined set of criteria, it's virtually impossible for anyone to make an accurate recommendation.
    JerryMac, joker1, JD and 1 others like this.

Quark Mini 123 $39 free shipping seven output modes max 189 OTF lumens at 4Sevens - 4Sevens.Com. The thing is about the size of my smallish thumb and just lays in the bottom of my pocket, always. Several versions of this same light plus many others for EDC. 4Sevens has great products and a great reputation.
    surefire7 likes this.

FENIX
    azchevy and Timothy90 like this.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

I got a couple of S&W M&P lights. One is crenelated and one not. They both use a Lithium 123 battery and are very bright. They were a little cheaper than other comparables and have the same features. Sorry, but I don't have the model #s handy and they are not on the lights. I like the lithium for their brightness, but you need to carry a spare battery since there is not much warning when they run out. Thats a characteristic of lithium batteries. Bright till the end ...then nothing.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Fenix LD10R5. 1 AA battery, 100 lumens on high, 3 lower output modes, 100 lumen strobe and SOS mode. Crenelated bezel, aluminum construction, waterproof, comes with belt clip, holster, spare o-rings. Dropped $50.00 on mine. I had a larger light that used 2 CR123 batteries, it was on ok light but too big for EDC and finding batteries is a hassle. You need to decide what kind of batteries you want to use and how much money you want spend on a flashlight. I would hae loved to have a Streamlight or Surefire but for the batteries I wanted to use and the output I wanted I would have had to spend a lot more money.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

+1 on FENIX, I have two, both have been perfect, well made, good battery life, and reasonably priced.

I carry a Quark 123 -2 Tactical that I have been very happy with.

Quark 123 and pen.jpg
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Fenix LD20 and Olight T25T
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have carried flashlights for 30 years as part of my job. With that in mind I use both the Streamlight Stinger C4 and the Streamlight Stylus Pro. I've used Streamlight products for over 10 years. Excellent white led emission with the new C4. Tried many others------ but for the money, durability, performance (burn time and focus), size and warranty the C4 is hard to beat.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSiWRX View Post
    You're asking the wrong questions.

What you should be asking yourself are:

What your intended use of the light is to be.

How much you're willing to spend.

Does battery type matter.

How big do you want it to be (i.e. Are you in a suit all day, or do you have a "Bat-Belt" of some kind, for work?).

There's a log of really, really good lights out there, but without a defined set of criteria, it's virtually impossible for anyone to make an accurate recommendation.
    +1. Excellent response...I completely agree. There are a lot of great lights out there today at all sorts of different price ranges that can be used for all sorts of different applications. You might have to experiment until you find until you find what works for you and your application. After you do this, you might find that its good to have more than one light and not depend on one to do everything...the trap I was tempted to fall into when I started out, etc. One thing you might want to consider on your EDC light is that AAs or AAAs are more readily available than 123s. If its going to be your only light that is near by, you might have to plan to carry extra 123s w/you or get a AA light where you can easily run into a convenient store if you all of a sudden need batts.

Good luck on your search!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links