Jetbeam PC10. The perfect EDC/Tactical light? [Video Review]

This is a discussion on Jetbeam PC10. The perfect EDC/Tactical light? [Video Review] within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is my video review of the PC10. I made 2 of them. I made a longer, more opinionated review and then realized that not ...

Thread: Jetbeam PC10. The perfect EDC/Tactical light? [Video Review]

Jetbeam PC10. The perfect EDC/Tactical light? [Video Review]

Here is my video review of the PC10. I made 2 of them. I made a longer, more opinionated review and then realized that not everyone wants to watch a 20 minute flashlight review, so I also made a shorter one for those with ADD. :-)

I really wanted to like this light as the perfect EDC-Tactical light. Its small and light with a bunch of great features. 1 lumen all the way up to 265 lumens (or 550 with the rechargeable battery). It does have a lot of great features, but in the end I think I'm going to return it.

Long version

Shorter video

2. Remove Ads

Nice review (short), thanks! Similar to my Fenix LD10 R5 except for battery, length, output, and operation.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Nice review (short), thanks! Similar to my Fenix LD10 R5 except for battery, length, output, and operation.
    In other words, they are both flashlights.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Quote Originally Posted by RemMod597 View Post
    In other words, they are both flashlights.
    Lol...

Sponsor
    Nice review!

I just received the Jetbeam PA10 which is the AA/14500 version of the PC10. Functional identical but I find that the memory in the "user defined" mode is not perfect. If you go to the tactical mode after setting the user defined memory it loses the memory and goes to the next mode in the cycle the next time you go to user defined. Not really a big deal but one that I would like to see remedied. I would like to be able to set the UD to the lowest setting for navigating the home at night and be able to have it remember that if I kick it into high gear for any reason.

You can switch back and forth from tactical to memory by twisting the head but if you shut it off in the tactical mode it doesn't come back up in the memorized setting after loosening the head again.

Still a great light for the $ IMHO

ETA:
    The 14500 batteries that I got with the PA10 just finished charging and I have another small disappointment with this light. You only have the "Turbo" mode with the rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries. No "User Defined" mode. The turbo mode is Hellabright though!
    Last edited by luvmy40; December 14th, 2011 at 10:16 PM.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

PC10 with AW IMR

I just watched the long review and see where you're coming from. Mine seems to tail stand a little better than yours but is still wobbly and falls which is my only gripe with it. I may try to glue the rubber to the underside of the switch to square it up a little bit. I agree the pocket clip is a poor design that could have been alleviated by making the clip groove closer to the tail. luckily it's removable and I never use it since that's where my blade rides. What I do love is that it's tactical mode is locked out at 550 lumens with an rcr and momentary as well. Since it is unregulated in tac mode it can run through a rcr in under 30 minutes which is at unsafe discharge levels for lipo. That being said I am extremely pleased with this lights performance with the imr cells I bought specifically for this light and my scorpion v2. A major difference between the pa10 and pc10 is that with a rcr all modes still work in the pc10 (another amazing light for it's size). It is a little floody but the beam is very good for such a small smooth reflector. I'll try to get some beamshots up and comparisons between the imr and a primary.

Links