Need new tactical back pack

Need new tactical back pack

This is a discussion on Need new tactical back pack within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well after over 25yrs my tactical back pack is ready to be retired and finding one to take it's place is pushing me to the ...

Thread: Need new tactical back pack

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar

Question Need new tactical back pack

Well after over 25yrs my tactical back pack is ready to be retired and finding one to take it's place is pushing me to the limit. My old one has 2 easy open pouches on the back, one has 5 223 mag loops secound pouch has 5 45 mag loops. The main pouch is 20x17 with a detachable zippered pouch on each side, there is a drag handle on top also padded shoulder straps with belt. As to date I have found nothing that comes close except for the ones $125 and up and being on a fixed income they do not fit into the budget. my old one cost $29.95 came in 2 colors, black or olive drab. So now you have heard my tail I was wondering if anyone has a lead, the one I have was bought in Boise Id and I guess I should have looked around when I was in Boise in Sept so give me some leads.

You can find military surplus USMC 72 hour expedition packs for around $40. There's other military surplus out there, with frames, etc. And you can buy new, from the same supplier that supplies the military. They get up to a couple of hundred dollars, at least. They're MOLLE, so you can add mag pouches, emt, etc.

Also high end, I like the 5.11 Rush 72 backpack for ~ $250. Compare the prices and you see which one I got. I'll give you a hint, the $40 pack. It's packed and in my trunk for emergencies.

I have this one from L.A. Police Gear. It is very high quality, spacious, and has the MOLLE system for attaching various pouches customized to your needs. There is no frame. I have been absolutely amazed by the quality of this bag. Heavy duty zippers, double stitching, and well-starched fabric.
    LA Police Gear 3 Day Backpack

This one is also from L.A. Police Gear. It is a little bigger than the one above.
    LA Police Gear Operator Backpack
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

Mid Way USA is also carrying these items now ...
    Son remeber this and you will go far ........

"The gunfight is in the head, not in the hands."
    +++++
    "God is Great... Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy"
    +++++

Links