Duty Holster system Q

This is a discussion on Duty Holster system Q within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know of a duty holster that is removable from a duty belt without necessitating the removal of the buckle? I know this is ...

Thread: Duty Holster system Q

Duty Holster system Q

Does anyone know of a duty holster that is removable from a duty belt without necessitating the removal of the buckle? I know this is slightly un orthodox but I am thinking of something like the taser holsters that are removable from the belt via quick release. What would be cool is a permanent plate system mounted to the belt where the taser can be fitted in place of the pistol holster shell and vice versa. I know that's pretty specific but it would be cool if I could snap a Serpa style rig on and off a duty belt without using the paddle attachment, looking for something more sturdy. Google was unsuccessful for me. Looking for a full size Glock .45 / Taser X26 set up if one exists. Think corrections officer going from lethal option to less lethal using same weapon location and holster system when they head inside the secure perimeter.

Product idea? Should I get a patent if this does not exist?

Also, no thigh rigs (policy)...

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have no idea about your specific request. It sounds like you want to be able to move your interchangeably. If this is right, I think you are onto a bad idea. If you move your equipment around, eventually you will go bang when you thought you were just jolting the perp.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Your thought process is correct, and I am aware that weapon confusion is an issue... however I can only carry one or the other at a time. The tool at that location on my belt would be at the top of my use of force pyramid. If the holsters are the same, in the same location I feel it would actually be beneficial. I'm guessing this super specific carry option was a pipe dream anyways. Oh well, just figured I would ask if anyone knew of a product out there that would meet my needs. Thanks for looking.

Here is some info on a product called G-Code from a company called Edge-Works at tacticalholsters.com here is a short vid about the removable holster system. The plates can be mounted on paddle holster backs or Iwb or owb. You can also mount the plate in your vehicle and have a hard mount in the car.

I've used several of their products and all have been great.

Edge Works: OSH Holsters

The individual pieces to make up additional mounts are here. Look for the "RTI" system.Edge Works: Accessories

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

August 19, 1970 - June 2012
    As SGB has posted, the Safariland QLS is the way to go. You'll have to thread the holster back of your choice onto your duty belt once and replace the regular holster backs with the male QLS fittings. After that, it's cake. I've used the QLS & the earlier MLS since they first came out on my duty belt set up as well as some drop leg rigs. The neat thing about the QLS is that it does not reduce the strength of the system. The QLS has the same break force as the regular holster back, by design.

If you are wedded to the Serpa design, Blackhawk! offers a modular system too. They call it the Serpa Quick Disconnect Kit.

Safariland also has a MOLLE locking system as well.

Administrator
    I was just going to chime in with Safariland, but I see its well covered.
    "Just blame Sixto"

have you checked into this stuff from duty smith ? DutySmith.com

Awesome links guys, thanks! I think I've got what I need. Thanks again!

That Safariland set up is what I was picturing in my head. Now to see if they have a Taser holster that goes with that system...

Links