Trijicon Vs Meprolight

This is a discussion on Trijicon Vs Meprolight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Want to add night sights to the M&P 40c. Which do you prefer and why, Trijicon or Meprolight??...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jdivence
  • 1 Post By Bark'n
  • 1 Post By shjourdan

Thread: Trijicon Vs Meprolight

Trijicon Vs Meprolight

Want to add night sights to the M&P 40c. Which do you prefer and why, Trijicon or Meprolight??
    "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
    -Thomas Jefferson-

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have both on various weapons. I prefer the Meprolights because I can put a brighter green on the front and slightly dimmer orange on the rear. In low light, this makes it easier to keep attention on the front sight while still having visible rear sights.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I've got rear Meps and front Trijs on one pistol. Weird I know, but I broke the screw off the front Mep when trying to install it and Meprolight wouldn't replace it without me buying a whole new set. Trijicon however, sent me a brand new front for $40 (the regular price for one front being $68) when I called them and gave my sob story to a sales rep.

The Trij dot is a bit bigger, but the Meps have bigger white rings. Interestingly, they are both equally bright in pitch dark, even though the Meps are '07 and the Trijs are '11 datemarked. I guess you can't go wrong with either, just that Trijicon seems to be more expensive, but has significantly better customer service.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I've 'heard' that Trijs tend to last longer. Doe anyone have extended experience with both to confirm/disprove this?
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I've had trijicons for a while and like them a lot. I've had none with meps. I have only seen them. What I do like more than both is truglo tfo's. They are super bright day and night and my rear are yellow front green.

I love my trijicons. I have shot with them in low light but not total darkness yet. Anyway they are easy to pick up and seem bright enough.
    Eagleks likes this.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

I would seriously check out the new Trijicon HD's.

I got to see both the orange and the yellow on two M&P's and I think I'll be going for the yellow Trijicon HD's on my next pistol. Which will likely be a G-19 Gen 4 or an S&W M&P.

The Trijicon HD's are seriously bright in both day and night. They are a little pricey than their regular tritium night sights, but wow, they really jump out in day light. I think definitely worth the extra price.
    RETSUPT99 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have both on guns, and definitely prefer trijicon. Better visibility to me.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I have both...either will work well, but I do prefer the Trijs...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Threw a wrench in the mix and ordered the TruGlo TFO's. Fit my eye well. I will post pics when they are installed.
    TRUGLO TFO S&W M&P YLW RS TG131MPTY - Gun Attic
    Guest1 likes this.
    "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Good luck with those, but here's a little warning. TFOs were very popular for a few years among the IDPA shooters I know (we do mostly outdoor, daylight shooting with a fair number of low-light and no-light indoor stages at various points throughout the season). Visually, the TFOs were very nice...until a number of shooters had the front light-pipes come flying out of their guns. The glue they use to attach the tritium vial to the FO pipe doesn't seem very robust...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

So got the sights in this week and had them installed today. I can tell you as far as the way they look and set up is very very nice. We will see if I have any durability issues. I will keep you posted.
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Links