Keychain tactical light

This is a discussion on Keychain tactical light within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, I hate the term tactical, but that's what they are called. :-) I currently have a mini led light on my key chain and ...

Thread: Keychain tactical light

Keychain tactical light

Okay, I hate the term tactical, but that's what they are called. :-)

I currently have a mini led light on my key chain and love it. I originally got it to be able to see the key hole in my car door at night, but I've found that I use it all the time. However, I'm looking for something with a much brighter beam and is easy to deploy. I'm thinking anything less than 3" length would be fine, but the big requirement is that I want to have it attached to my key chain and be slim enough to be able to put in my pocket without a huge bulge. I don't care about a strike bezel or anything like that, it just needs to be very, very bright, easy on/off and attach to a key ring (and not have the keys get in the way of its buttons, etc). Any suggestions?

BTW, I don't want to carry it separately because I will be inclined not to have it with me - something I've learned a long time ago about myself. About all I care to keep track of that aren't attached to me are keys, wallet, phone, knife (which I only carry because I've also found I use it frequently for all sorts of stuff).

2. Remove Ads

I carry a Fenix PD1 on my keychain. The newer model is the Fenix PD 10. 190 lume, 1 CR123 battery

Try this - single-battery, LED light from Streamlight - 1 ounce. Under $20.

Key Chain Light Series - MicroStream® | Streamlight
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

This is the one. It is stupid bright and has two settings. I use it for my pocket light at work in suits so my SF doesnt eat up my nice pants.

CountyComm - AAA MARATAC? Extreme Flashlight
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

After a little research I think the fenix PD20 might be the one for me. It seems small enough to work and large enough to get a grip on. I've never owned anything that runs on cr123 batteries though - is it worth getting this, or in everyone's experience, is sticking with AA or AAA the way to go?

Can't go wrong with Fenix but maybe check out 4Sevens lights also. They may have some interesting models for your use.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Cool

My Denis pd20 showed up today and I can't be happier. It fits on a key chainerfectly and is smaller than the images suggested online. And it is brighter than it augtht to be for its size. So I'm stoked about it. Thanks for suggestions everyone.

LOVE my Quark MiNi CR2 from 4Sevens. Also bought all of my groomsmen Quark MiNi CR123 (easier to get batteries for) and they rave about them to everyone.

Links