I got a hogue slip on grip for my glock 23

This is a discussion on I got a hogue slip on grip for my glock 23 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I tried to cheep out and use a piece of tire tube rubber off a kids bike (got it out of the trash) and it ...

Thread: I got a hogue slip on grip for my glock 23

I tried to cheep out and use a piece of tire tube rubber off a kids bike (got it out of the trash) and it was OK but I keep hearing about the Hogue rubber grip and broke down and spent the $10.10 on EBay (free shipping) and when it came in it seem to be much different than the tire tube; boy was I wrong.

After getting the grip on (hair dryer to relax the rubber) it felt really good on my G23. I got the finger ribs and trimmed the rubber so it cleared all the areas that needed to be and then I noticed the palm swells. I first thought was this is not going to work and then that more I handled it the more I liked it. At first it was awkward because of years of handling the gun without one. Now it feels so right, a palm swell might not be for everyone but it is amazing how good it feels. I can't wait to get it to the range and try it out and see if it makes a difference on my grouping...

Does anyone else tried these out and what did you think?

Never liked them . Makes grip too big and bulky, soft rubber clings to cover garment.
    Also never understood the " slippery grip" complaint some have with the Glock.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I've got a Hogue Handall Jr. on my Kel-tec, & a full-size HH on my G17. I like the HH grips additional swell & finger grooves for better grip, especially for use on my PF-9, & the benefit that I see in reducing slippage is when my hands start to sweat. Whether it be in the summer or after a while on the range, I sure do appreciate the improvement in moist handling.

I don't really see any added tugging on my cover garments with the rubber. I do suggest that you keep an eye on the positioning of the HH, as they tend to migrate a little bit after a while.

I'd say the HH is a must for smaller pistols.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I put one on my S&W 2" Airweight as it was getting a little painful after a box or two. It calmed it right down. I think you will like it more after you shoot with it for awhile. Good luck!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Cool

Yeah I got a feel for rubber grips on several of my handguns.

I have extra large hands and arthritis so they work well for me.

photo.jpgphoto.jpgphoto.jpgphoto.jpgphoto.jpg
    click images to enlarge....

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

My duty weapon came w/one. I kind of like it, mind you I have nothing to campare it to as I have not shot a glock w/out one. It keeps my hand from getting torn up.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

RKM
    I have a Hogue slip on grip on my G19 RTF2, G30SF and my USP .45 I also have Hogue grips on my AK and AR. I would put a Hogue grip on my 1911, but it's too pretty with it's wood grips. I'd like to get one for my S&W 442, but I think it's still bare metal on the backstrap. I'd like to to cover the metal part that rests against the web part of your hand between your finger and thumb.

I love the palms swells and deeper finger grooves on Hogue grips. Since my G19 is the RTF2 model so I almost feel bad covering up the grippy texture, but... meh. I really like the Hogues better. Some people hate them because they stick to clothes. I can understand that. I can deal with that and it's not a a big deal to me.

palm swell is why i use it.. have it on the 23 and a USP 40... my 27 has laser grips, so it has the same effect...

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I have a piece of inner tube on my G23 and like it. I will be pulling it off soon to put a Crimpson Trace laser on it. Laser was free since my buddy sold his G23. He lost the pin so I got one coming from CT.

Just put one on y G19 love it
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

I got one but took it off after a while. Now it sits in a box with unused holsters....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I love mine, I've had it since 1993 when I baught my G19. I'm getting one for my Sig P238.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Sponsored Links