Suggestions for female doctor and protection ideas.

This is a discussion on Suggestions for female doctor and protection ideas. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My little sister is a doctor and has to travel to different offices in different parts of the state. Because of some of the regulation ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By 82d DIVARTY
  • 3 Post By SIGguy229

Thread: Suggestions for female doctor and protection ideas.

Suggestions for female doctor and protection ideas.

My little sister is a doctor and has to travel to different offices in different parts of the state. Because of some of the regulation and work codes she hasn't reached the point of comfort to carry a gun yet nor does she have a permit, so I am looking into buying her some other form of protection. I am basically looking for advice in what you may reccomend and possibly brand names. I am going to sign her up for a few classes and also get a kubaton for her keys but am looking for additional protection. Thanks for your time!!

-Be Safe-
    <><

2. Remove Ads

My vote is for either the Kimber pepper blaster or a drop tazer. Either would provide some distance from her attacker.

Skip the kubaton unless you buy her the traning she'll need to go with it - otherwise, it's just a big key fob.
    surefire7 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Not familiar with the drop tazer. Is that a brand or are you just talking about a standard tazer
    Last edited by rm3482; December 31st, 2011 at 08:56 PM.

VIP Member
    I would go with the Kimber Pepperblaster also with a stun gun as a backup, the Tazer is a good idea also but some states do not allow it for civilian use.

Kimber America | Pepperblaster | The most powerful pepper defense system
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

A "drop" Taser is kind of a slang term. It is a Taser C2. The police version of a Taser only shocks when the trigger is pulled but with more power than the C2. The C2 delivers a 30 sec burst once contact is made. The reason they call it a "drop" Taser is because they tell you to drop it and run once you shoot someone with it and it will give you a head start once they recover from the shock. They are about the price of a real gun but if you need to use it, send the company a copy of the police report and they will replace it.

Gasmitty is right about the kubaton. I wouldn't waste my money on it. Without training she could be just as effective with a Zebra 701 ink pen.
    surefire7 likes this.

If you want something for her key chain I would go for a monkey fist lanyard like this.

Aside from something like pepper spray, there is nothing YOU can do....SHE needs to get into the defensive (not to be confused with fearful) mindset. Nothing you can give her will make her "safe"...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

A good bright strobe flashlight is always an option. I had sold and recommended the original Kimber pepperblaster to many medical people at the local hospital, the original looks like a cell phone/blackberry/PDA in the pocket of scrubs, the new red one is just too much "gun" looking. The Asp pepper keychain combines spray and a kubotan-ish tool but I second the need for training.

The dress code for everybody I know is scrubs, occasionally a fanny pack and/or a lab coat. Many medical people I know use a belly band elastic holster.

(or, they would if they carried weapons, none do as it would be a clear violation of hospital policy!).
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Links