raven holster?

raven holster?

This is a discussion on raven holster? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello folks.... I am looking for a holster for my m&p 9c and was watching some Magpul Industries vids and realized they were using raven ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: raven holster?

raven holster?

Hello folks....
    I am looking for a holster for my m&p 9c and was watching some Magpul Industries vids and realized they were using raven concealment owb holsters. Does anyone here have any experience with these? Are they good holsters? Do they do good in the concealment area as far as being owb? I would love to be able to carry owb as long as it conceals good. I don't really want to change my whole wardrobe so that's out. But here in Arkansas we get in trouble when someone sees our gun lol. Please help and thanks in advance!

Matt, I have an M&P 9c as well that rides in a recently acquired Raven holster and I love it. I currently have it configured using the pancake wings (OWB) and it conceals very well under a heavy shirt or sweater. I haven't tried carrying OWB under only an untucked polo yet. The draw is great and retention is perfect for my liking. I do love being able to switch between IWB & OWB with a single holster. Overall, I give it an 8/10, with only a few minor annoyances. One being that it is somewhat loud when drawing or reholstering in a quiet environment, possibly compromising the element if surprise. But all kydex holsters suffer from this problem.

Only other holsters I've used are a cheap Uncle Mike's, a De Santis, and a Crossbreed. The Crossbreed is a good holster also, but lacks the flexibility of the RCS. Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot operator j. Please let me know how this conceals under a regular polo as soon as you can as this is my regular attire. Thanks again man.

Same here... in the summer. All of my polos are currently packed away for the winter, so it will be a while before I can test this. I'll see what iI can do though.

VIP Member
    Mattman when I am home I carry my SA in a Raven holster without a problem. You wont regret the investment.

Guest1 likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Like Operator I have mine set up with the pancake wings and it conceals nicely under a loose t-shirt.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Tasman thanks. This does help coming from another fellow arkansan. Fish thanks for this. If I'm not in a polo I am normally in a shirt and unlike the common fad I don't wear my t-shirts tight. Lol
    PS......
    I didn't even know that these converted into iwb. Lol. I have a Cb super tuck for my m&p .45 and love it but would LOVE to be able to owb carry for muscle memory purposes. I train with owb because that's what most classes require

I didn't want to wait the 16-18 weeks for a holster from them, so I built my own clone. I can't speak about their exact product, but the design they use hugs very close to the body for an OWB holster and conceals great under a polo. The pancake style hides the shape of the gun nicely. My uncle and cousin just bought M&P 9's (one compact, one regular) for concealed carry and I made them a Raven clone for Christmas. My cousin has the compact, and I used IWB clips for his and it conceals really good. My uncle had the fullsized M&P and is he's a bit bigger guy, so I made his with OWB belt loops. I've got some pictures on my phone that I'll post in a few minutes.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

This is the first holster I built, for my XD. I didn't have the black screws yet, so I bought some brass ones from the hardware store.
    IMG_20111203_220639.jpgIMG_20111203_220653.jpgIMG_20111203_220701.jpgIMG_20111203_220729.jpg

Here's the holster I made for the fullsized M&P 9.
    IMG_20111224_132550.jpgIMG_20111224_132447.jpg

Raven's design is definitely my favorite for Kydex. Well worth the cost for their product if you can wait.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

I just bought one a few weeks ago, 10-12 weeks left of waiting. I did however get my pancake wings and tuck able c-clips. From what I have read in my research, they are amazing holsters. I am excited to have mine whenever I get it.

Tacman, you are making me wish I had ordered coyote. That looks very nice.

Yeah, the wait is a long time.. but worth it. I waited 4.5 MONTHS for mine! But now that I have it, it is what my M&P9c rides in every single day. I have NO regrets about the purchase. In fact, after I bought mine, 3 friends have placed orders, 1 already got theirs and loves it as well.

OpJ

VIP Member
    Lol yeah I am lucky I work overseas so I order stuff and it makes no difference how long it takes as long as it is there when I get home.

I also ordered some coyote stuff for use over here so just got my 1911 outfitted the same way.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Luckily on there website they show these as quick ship items now!!

True! just noticed after reading this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links