Truglo TFO install on Glock, is what I think true?

This is a discussion on Truglo TFO install on Glock, is what I think true? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a set of TruGlo TFO green/green sights coming for my Glock, I don't care at all for the stock plastic sights as they ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TomEgun

Thread: Truglo TFO install on Glock, is what I think true?

Truglo TFO install on Glock, is what I think true?

I have a set of TruGlo TFO green/green sights coming for my Glock, I don't care at all for the stock plastic sights as they will go in the trash upon removal of any means possible, is what I am thinking true in that the small hex screw on the top of the rear sight what holds it in place? Do the TFO's require a sight pusher tool to push them into the grove?

2. Remove Ads

no.. slide rear in, set set screw...

I have TFO's on my Glock M30SF and they're about to join the stock sights in the trash! The tritium has faded and the fiber optic doesn't gather enough light in even the burning south Florida sun to do any sort of decent job. I'm swapping over to trijicons or meprolights.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I have TFOs on all of my Glocks and have installed a bunch for customers. I can only remember two problems. One set had a failure of the Tritium on one side of the rear sight. Within a couple days of installing it was dead. Tru Glo replaced it with only a phone call needed. Another shooter had the rear setscrew start to back out during a shooting class. He noticed it when it came up into his sight picture. Fixed it with blue locktite.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Well the said TFO's I won in a contest by Lights & Holsters Tactical Store so if they suck which I doubt they will, they were 100% free.

@ExSolder is it just this one or most of your 5000 posts just going into peoples threads and bashing what they just bought? I did a fair bit of research before I won the TFO's which I was going to buy anyway before hand, they seem to have less failure rate than Trijicons which most shops will tell you they've had the most consumer issue with.

Regardless I'm pretty sure Trijicon and Meprolight are the only manufactures of Tritium tubes, whichever of the two that Truglo uses I dunno.

Here are some I had installed on my Glock 22 they've been good so far.
    RTTR84 likes this.
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

I installed TFOs on my Glock 19. I had never installed night sights on a pistol before but it was pretty straight forward. I had a problem with the fitting of the rear sight sliding it into place. After a little gentle persuasion I was able to get it lined up. Only had one range session of 200rds to see how they held up, but so far after carrying for a week and after 200rds they still look good (and haven't broken or done anything outrageous)

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    If the read sight is too tight, you can sand the bottom with a very fine sand paper on a flat surface.

Senior Moderator
    I ended up needing a pusher to get the TFO rear on my Glock 34.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Links