5.11 5 in 1 Jacket

This is a discussion on 5.11 5 in 1 Jacket within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently got a 5 in 1 jacket and love it. Its great for cool weather with just the inner fleece or for super cold weather ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 5.11 5 in 1 Jacket

5.11 5 in 1 Jacket

Recently got a 5 in 1 jacket and love it. Its great for cool weather with just the inner fleece or for super cold weather with the outer shell on top. It has a ton of pockets. I had heard people complain that it is bulky but I don't really think so at all.

2. Remove Ads

mall ninja....

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmith View Post
    mall ninja....
    ha! only if you use that pocket flap for your CCW badge!
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

I have a 5.11 shirt I got for $20 at a close out gunshop closing, a shell as good as the 5.11 shell bought at a GoodWill shop for $5, a fleece from 1980 when I was a ski bum. Total cost $25 bucks. Compare at $200 bucks for the integrated 5.11. If money is no object, I like it, because I try to emulate it at low cost. Those horizontal zippered shirtpockets on 5.11 shirts are da BOMB, lol.

I personally like my Carhartt winter coat. The road crews all over snowy America can't be wrong. Every road construction person I have ever seen in winter is wearing Carhartt.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

mall ninja....
    It doesn't look MN at all. Yea, maybe if I got some badges embroidered on those pocket flaps. BUt as a regular jacket no one is going to notice. I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by SnareMan View Post
    It doesn't look MN at all. Yea, maybe if I got some badges embroidered on those pocket flaps. BUt as a regular jacket no one is going to notice. I'll let you know.
    Agreed, It looks like a regular mens winter jacket. Especially just in black.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

I got the black 5-in-1 jacket for Christmas and love it. It's expensive, but the versatility is amazing. Given the crazy weather we get here in VA, the ability to wear a vest, a fleece, a wind shell, a vest inside a wind shell, or a fleece inside a wind shell is great.

Plus, it comes with a great high-vis safety vest that is leaps and bounds better than the one I had previously stored with my vehicular emergency kit!

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    I got the black 5-in-1 jacket for Christmas and love it. It's expensive, but the versatility is amazing. Given the crazy weather we get here in VA, the ability to wear a vest, a fleece, a wind shell, a vest inside a wind shell, or a fleece inside a wind shell is great.

Plus, it comes with a great high-vis safety vest that is leaps and bounds better than the one I had previously stored with my vehicular emergency kit!
    Yep, I don't need the vest for traffic duty as a LEO, but it will go in my get home back that I keep in my trunk for that late night side of the road problem.

Administrator
    The OP has done a nice video product review.

We do happen to have quite a few LEO members here (active & retired) as well as many members in closely related occupations.

Try to keep the comments constructive and related to the product, the focus, and the purpose of the original post.

"Mall Ninja" would not be considered to be a comment that is constructive, or useful, or in any way purposeful or helpful to the OPs thread.

It IS possible to click on a forum thread and if you find yourself with nothing useful to add to the thread - then try just moving on sometime without typing anything at all.

mall ninja....
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

We were issued these at work and found the shell with liner too warm for Arizona winters. I don't like how high the badge sits above the pockets, it was not meant to be worn with sewn on patches but it is a good jacket.
    "Words can be as lethal as bullets; Choose them carefully, Aim them well & Use them sparingly."

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The OP has done a nice video product review.

We do happen to have quite a few LEO members here (active & retired) as well as many members in closely related occupations.

Try to keep the comments constructive and related to the product, the focus, and the purpose of the original post.

"Mall Ninja" would not be considered to be a comment that is constructive, or useful, or in any way purposeful or helpful to the OPs thread.

It IS possible to click on a forum thread and if you find yourself with nothing useful to add to the thread - then try just moving on sometime without typing anything at all.
    Thanks.

Thanks for the review of this. I saw this on the 5.11 website (or maybe a catalog?) and thought it would be a nice gift for my husband. I want to get him something practical, yet useful, while not dressing him in the rampant North Face and Columbia jackets that every other person here is wearing. I also don't want him to be categorized as a military or law enforcement "wannabe" (he's a network engineer, lol.) This looks like something casual for daily wear and rugged enough for hiking and camping.

Again, thanks for the detailed description. If you don't work for 5.11 or get a kick back from them, maybe you should! I think you sold me on this! I'm gonna go looking for the best price now.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcake View Post
    Thanks for the review of this. I saw this on the 5.11 website (or maybe a catalog?) and thought it would be a nice gift for my husband. I want to get him something practical, yet useful, while not dressing him in the rampant North Face and Columbia jackets that every other person here is wearing. I also don't want him to be categorized as a military or law enforcement "wannabe" (he's a network engineer, lol.) This looks like something casual for daily wear and rugged enough for hiking and camping.

Again, thanks for the detailed description. If you don't work for 5.11 or get a kick back from them, maybe you should! I think you sold me on this! I'm gonna go looking for the best price now.
    Thanks snowcake! I'm glad you found it useful! Its a great jacket and I agree - its not the commonplace North Face and doesn't make me look like a cop. I try and make vids with the info that I'd want to see if I was watching them.

Looks like a decent all around jacket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links