Smith & Wesson M&P 9c and M&P 40c Reviews

This is a discussion on Smith & Wesson M&P 9c and M&P 40c Reviews within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Smith & Wesson M&P 9c and M&P 40c Reviews Smith & Wesson M&P 9c and M&P 40c Review I have currently owned the Smith & ...

Thread: Smith & Wesson M&P 9c and M&P 40c Reviews

Smith & Wesson M&P 9c and M&P 40c Review

I have currently owned the Smith & Wesson M&P 9c Compact 9mm handgun for over 3 years. The M&P 40c I have owned almost two years now. Both of these pistols have performed perfectly without malfunction. For range practice I prefer the Winchester ammunition, occasionally going through a box of my Daily Carry (DC) ammo, Hornady Critical Defense. This always makes me comfortable with the compatibility of the firearm and ammunition as taught to me by my grandfather. You might ask why Im even talking about ammunition when I'm supposed to be reviewing a gun or in this case two. Well, the reason is, I was also always taught that you get what you pay for and cheap ammunition must be cheap for a reason. While knowing your gun will feed and fire anything you give it may be some carriers practice, it isn't mine. Breaking in the firearm with ammunition which uses cleaner and more stable burning powder is my preference.

The 9mm I currently have set up left handed. This works out a lot of ways in my household. I am left eye dominant but right handed and practice shooting left handed each trip to the range. This is the wife's pistol now, she is left handed, but I can convert it to right handed if desired. What really attracts me to these guns...

is the ergonomics. We keep the medium grip on this pistol for the wife but it's not so tiny I need to change it to shoot it, but Im not a fan of the small grip. Ambidextrous slide releases and the safe cleaning feature seal the deal for me on these pistols. It also holds 12+1. They are stiff out of the box, but after break in the wife can easily use the pistol and rack the slide. The trigger is probably the hardest part of the pistol to master. Mastering this pistol however has made it a lot easier to transition to the 40 S&W.

The Smith & Wesson M&P 40c is my DC. It holds 10 +1 and I typically prefer it in my Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. If you are not familiar with the 40 S&W round it is barely of legal drinking age. This shortened 10mm round gives us more stopping power over the 9mm IF we can effectively control its recoil in the compact handguns. As I said earlier, mastering the 9mm of this exact handgun made the transition a breeze, but it wouldn't be out of the question to purchase this one first. I thoroughly enjoy owning two of these pistols and only wish I could find a good shoulder rig and Id be interested in trying them both on. So for now I will continue to carry the M&P 40c with my Smith & Wesson 38 special Airweight for back up. Look for the review on that firearm coming soon. A trip to the range is required for sighting my new Crimson Trace Laser grip that Santa brought me!
    I work for a company that offers firearms training in Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin and soon to be Minnesota. Please visit our website below or check us out on http://facebook.com/equip2conceal

www.equip2conceal.com

M&P 9C

I just got over the holidays a M&P 9c. Haven't gotten it broken in yet. Have you noticed any ammo that may cause problems?

I am looking to get a M&P 22 does anyone have these for a good price? I found one for 425 at is that good or bad??

sgb
    Handgun stopping power is a myth. Utilizing the same quality duty ammunition's available to LE the .40 S&W shows no advantage over the 9mm in terminal ballistics.

The M&P has outstanding ergonomics, the mushy trigger can be easily remedied with the installation of an Apex Tactical DCAEK & RAM. The Mrs. loves hers, as does the Niece, Nephew and Step Daughter.

....... and the holster I've been making for them

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Links