Fiber Optic vs Tritium NS

This is a discussion on Fiber Optic vs Tritium NS within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a new Ruger LCR 357 and was thinking about changing the front sight. I'd appreciate any help in comparing two systems from ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: Fiber Optic vs Tritium NS

I just bought a new Ruger LCR 357 and was thinking about changing the front sight. I'd appreciate any help in comparing two systems from several of the companies. The fiber optic sights I looked at were Novak Mega Dot Fiber optic and the Hi Viz. The Novak fiber optic tube seems more protected than the Hi Vis which is all open.
    The night sights I looked at were the Novak Mega Dot Tritium and the XS Tritium. The Novak seems a bit more compact. I realize the fiber optic is more a daylight sight, the others have a white dot in daylight and glow at night. I know I am comparing two different systems, just unsure which is the best way to go. My eyesight is not quite as good as it used to be, thats why I am looking to upgrade. I do have trijicon NS on some of my guns as well as one with the XS sight, I do not have anything with fiber optics.
    I guess my basic question is.. of the fiber optics which is better, Novak or Hi Viz and of the NS is Novak better than XS. Any help is appreciated.

Have you looked at the TruGlow BriteSite TFO's? Tritium Fiber Optics: The World's Most Advanced Line of Fiber Optic Sights | TRUGLO, Inc.

And here: http://www.truglo.com/IW_Products.m4...00?company=TGI

These really help my old eyes. The FO for daylight and low light, tritium for night. The FO really jumps out in low light when tritium would be of limited use. All of my carry rotation are equipped exactly the same: Yellow Rear TFO's and a Green Front TFO.

Last edited by Rock and Glock; January 8th, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
    l1a1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Have you looked at the TruGlow BriteSite TFO's? Tritium Fiber Optics: The World's Most Advanced Line of Fiber Optic Sights | TRUGLO, Inc.

And here: Products and Services | TRUGLO, Inc.

These really help my old eyes. The FO for daylight and low light, tritium for night. The FO really jumps out in low light when tritium would ne of limited use. All of my carry rotation are equipped exactly the same: Yellow Rear TFO's and a Green Front TFO.

Yep...best of both worlds...I have TFOs on my P229...will get them installed on other guns soonest.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I would suggest you keep the factory sight on it, and spend your money on a Crimson Trace laser grip. Small pistols and revolvers especially benefit from the laser.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I just installed some TFOs on my Glock 26 that I won in a contest, a few days ago. Very much recommended.

I had heard of TruGlo but never knew about the TFO. Id have to check and see if its available for the LCR, apparently their web site doesnt show a gun list, at least I couldnt find it. I'll have to call CS and check.
    Mountain, a few years ago I had a Crimsom Trace LG for my J frame, I liked it with the exception that in bright sun it was not visible, great on cloudy days or dim/no light.
    Thanks for the input everyone.

I had a senior moment, I went back to the TruGlo sight and found the gun list, problem is when I click on it I get a black screen no list. They want my call.

Links