V-Line > GunVault - Page 2

V-Line > GunVault

This is a discussion on V-Line > GunVault within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mattwestm For those of you without little ones around, do you still keep a bedside gun safe? I don't have any children ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: V-Line > GunVault

Quote Originally Posted by mattwestm View Post
    For those of you without little ones around, do you still keep a bedside gun safe? I don't have any children in my home, so I just keep my carry gun beside me on the night stand at night.
    I do because I don't want anyone but me or my wife to have access to my HD gun. It's quick and secure and I don't have to remember if there is a gun laying around if I have guests or the cleaning service is here. BTW, I usually pocket carry a P3AT when at home too.

FAS1 SAFE - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by mattwestm View Post
    For those of you without little ones around, do you still keep a bedside gun safe? I don't have any children in my home, so I just keep my carry gun beside me on the night stand at night.
    +4 or 5 on the V-Lines, we now have 3, Top Draw in the nightstand, one Long Gun Case for my Benelli M1S90 and a Hide-Away for my CCW in my closet. All 3 are set with the same combination.

Before we had our son I still secured my loaded SD/HD guns for a couple reasons:

1. I never wanted to risk coming home, interrupting something, and facing one of my own loaded guns. My CCW pistol isn’t a match for my loaded Benelli M1S90.
    2. Some jurisdictions are funny about liability and gun storage. For instance, KS actually had a case where a gun owner was found partially liable for a gun he hadn’t secured that was stolen and misused. Sounds crazy, but it did happen and I think a V-line is cheap insurance.
    3. When I was younger my uncle’s neighbor’s son broke into his house and committed suicide with one of his rifles. The families were very close and both were devastated by it. This was back in the mid-70s before we became a lawsuit society. I’d hate to think what would follow such an incident now.

Once you get used to owning a safe like the V-Line you realize how quick they really are for getting access. IF you feel the need to be faster, simply take the gun out when home, and lock it up before you leave. It takes less than a minute. Pretty cheap peace of mind when you think about it.

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links