Defensive Carry banner

V-Line > GunVault

7K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Chuck R. 
#1 ·
So my GunVault fell to the depths of GunVault woes when it ate 2 sets of batteries now in 2 months (8 AA batteries each time). I contacted the manufacturer and they are sending a replacement, apparently there's a known issue with the circuit board.

Well, that's not a warm and fuzzy feeling when you consider why you have a handgun in a safe next to your bed. It's not for leisurely plinking.

Yesterday, while at Cabela's, I stumbled across (OK, was half looking for) the V-Line Top Draw safe. This safe requires no AC or DC power (no cords, no batteries), has a push button user changeable combination and is a nice size. No batteries means no more surprise lockouts! It's not inexpensive, but on par with the GunVault I have.

Just thought I'd post this up for anyone looking for a new (or replacement) safe, I'm really happy with it.

Also just FYI, I also picked up a 2-pack of Liberty LED safe lights while I was there, I had low expectations but figured it was worth a try. I'm blown away at how awesome they are! Very bright, adjustable aim and auto on/off capability with selectable timer from Off/30sec/60sec off time. One light is good for my whole safe and it comes on before I can even see it do so, perfect.

The other one I placed in my new V-Line safe, works great in there as well and I have it aimed so that it doesn't blind me when I open it up.

See less See more
#2 ·
How do you get that big light into that little safe? :blink: Only kidding, sounds like good investments!

#7 ·
I love my V-Line. I don't want my life to depend upon electricity or a battery when it really counts.

A side note for those with small kids. I've instructed my kids that under no circumstances are they to touch my guns or the gun safe. One thing I like about the V-Line is that if any of the buttons are pressed before trying the correct sequence, of course when you do try to enter the proper sequence it will not work. Since my kids don't know how to "clear" the previous button presses, I know that if my combo doesn't work when I first enter it, someone has been messing with the safe. There has been one, and only one "red butt" incident in my house - that's all it took.

Doc

#10 ·
I wouldn't want to wake up to a BG standing over me with my own gun pointed at my head. But if you don't think there is a way for that to ever happen - you have dogs, security alarm, etc. - I can't think of a reason to have the bedside safe.

I have mine mainly because of the kids.

Doc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.