V-Line > GunVault

This is a discussion on V-Line > GunVault within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So my GunVault fell to the depths of GunVault woes when it ate 2 sets of batteries now in 2 months (8 AA batteries each ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: V-Line > GunVault

V-Line > GunVault

So my GunVault fell to the depths of GunVault woes when it ate 2 sets of batteries now in 2 months (8 AA batteries each time). I contacted the manufacturer and they are sending a replacement, apparently there's a known issue with the circuit board.

Well, that's not a warm and fuzzy feeling when you consider why you have a handgun in a safe next to your bed. It's not for leisurely plinking.

Yesterday, while at Cabela's, I stumbled across (OK, was half looking for) the V-Line Top Draw safe. This safe requires no AC or DC power (no cords, no batteries), has a push button user changeable combination and is a nice size. No batteries means no more surprise lockouts! It's not inexpensive, but on par with the GunVault I have.

Just thought I'd post this up for anyone looking for a new (or replacement) safe, I'm really happy with it.

Also just FYI, I also picked up a 2-pack of Liberty LED safe lights while I was there, I had low expectations but figured it was worth a try. I'm blown away at how awesome they are! Very bright, adjustable aim and auto on/off capability with selectable timer from Off/30sec/60sec off time. One light is good for my whole safe and it comes on before I can even see it do so, perfect.

The other one I placed in my new V-Line safe, works great in there as well and I have it aimed so that it doesn't blind me when I open it up.

2. Remove Ads

How do you get that big light into that little safe? Only kidding, sounds like good investments!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

LOL

Note: Photos shown not actual size. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    LOL

Note: Photos shown not actual size. :)
    Duh! I was only kidding.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I know, but there may be others who need further reassurance.

V-Lines are great. I made the switch from a GunVault several years ago and have never looked back.

I love my V-Line. I don't want my life to depend upon electricity or a battery when it really counts.

A side note for those with small kids. I've instructed my kids that under no circumstances are they to touch my guns or the gun safe. One thing I like about the V-Line is that if any of the buttons are pressed before trying the correct sequence, of course when you do try to enter the proper sequence it will not work. Since my kids don't know how to "clear" the previous button presses, I know that if my combo doesn't work when I first enter it, someone has been messing with the safe. There has been one, and only one "red butt" incident in my house - that's all it took.

Doc

Yeah, I love that feature too Doc! I have 3 little ones in the house, any deterrent I can have the better - especially unobtrusive ones like the V-Line has built in.

For those of you without little ones around, do you still keep a bedside gun safe? I don't have any children in my home, so I just keep my carry gun beside me on the night stand at night.

Quote Originally Posted by mattwestm View Post
    For those of you without little ones around, do you still keep a bedside gun safe? I don't have any children in my home, so I just keep my carry gun beside me on the night stand at night.
    I wouldn't want to wake up to a BG standing over me with my own gun pointed at my head. But if you don't think there is a way for that to ever happen - you have dogs, security alarm, etc. - I can't think of a reason to have the bedside safe.

I have mine mainly because of the kids.

Doc

. One light is good for my whole safe and it comes on before I can even see it do so, perfect.

Did you ever wonder.....Maybe it's always on.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post
    Did you ever wonder.....Maybe it's always on.
    No, I locked myself inside to make sure. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mattwestm View Post
    Seldom in the safe. My wife and I both have bedside mounts that hold are weapons in an easy grab position next to our bed.

I cannot remember the last time any children were in our home. We always do the visiting.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

No, I locked myself inside to make sure. :-)
    That's a much funnier answer than I anticipated. Thank you.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

It was funny at the time, but it's getting dry in here and my throat is starting to get sore... worst part is, I can't unplug the dehumidifier from inside the safe! Been a long night, being 6'2 I'm realizing now why people buy a larger safe than they need, it's not the gun space, it's the comfort level when testing safe lights. I can't wait until my wife gets home from work, luckily my phone battery hasn't died yet and I can keep up on current events.

Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post
    That's a much funnier answer than I anticipated. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links