Your preferred knife or multi-tool. Non-defense related

This is a discussion on Your preferred knife or multi-tool. Non-defense related within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been using a SOG PowerPlier for years...

View Poll Results: Which working blade do you prefer?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Folding knife

32 64.00%
  • Fixed blade knife

4 8.00%
  • Multi-tool (please specify)

14 28.00%
  • other (machete, hatchet, etc.)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your preferred knife or multi-tool. Non-defense related

sgb
    Been using a SOG PowerPlier for years
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

2. Remove Ads

The blade I use the most, essentially every day, is an old CRKT Ken Crawford "Falcon" which is really a "beater" at this point. It has a liner lock, so I really should jettison it for a higher quality blade with a better locking system. I have gotten my monies worth out of it. It should not be worth the risk of a lock failure. It is also getting looser. Hmmmmmm..........I cringe considering that. The other tool on the belt used almost as much is my Leatherman "Wave". I love it, although I rarely use the blades therein as they require more effort to deploy. I mainly use the drivers and pliers on the Wave.

I have several nicer blades, it's just hard to consider using them. Weird, eh?

I got a Gerber multi-tool as a gift and it lives in my fire and hazmat gear where it has served above and beyond. It has been exposed to sweat, water, smoke, and chemicals. My favorite utility/fixed blade is a Glock knife. I have severely abused it, including in several fires and the only damage was a chip in the blade when I was using it to chop out a window. I stopped carrying it on my gear when one captain thought it looked too much like a weapon, but he retired and I started again. For a utility folder I use a Spyderco with the Glock punch built in. I got it used and abused from someone who found it and thought I'd be interested. It had a broken tip when I got it, and it was full of sand, so I don't
    mind abusing it.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Leatherman Wave, never leave home without it.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

I could'nt vote because there was no "All of the above",I literally use these nearly every day,from cutting dope with machetes to cutting 550 with a folder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links