Tyler T Grip In Production

This is a discussion on Tyler T Grip In Production within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I may have mentioned in a previous post that I had ordered a T Grip from Tyler Mfg Co in OK City for one of ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wmhawth

Thread: Tyler T Grip In Production

I may have mentioned in a previous post that I had ordered a T Grip from Tyler Mfg Co in OK City for one of my revolvers. I was aware of previous problems with this company but the website led to believe that improvements had been made and even indicated that a 6-10 day turnaround time could be expected. I took a chance and ordered.

I received the T Grip yesterday, a full 9 weeks after my payment check cleared my Credit Union. I had written a letter inquiring as to the status of my order after waiting 6 weeks but got no response. I did receive the T Grip yesterday after 9 weeks.

So there you have it. The T Grip is perfect and provides the desired effect on my revolver. As for the Tyler Mfg Co, I guess it is what it is. They will make you a T Grip. It just might take a couple of months and you won't hear from them during the process.

Now that I think about it there probably isn't more than a handful of us dinosaurs who even knows what a Tyler T Grip is anyway.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

I've had one on my S&W 36 since 1972. Great little item, but they've gotten pricey! Glad you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by GJ44 View Post
    I've had one on my S&W 36 since 1972. Great little item, but they've gotten pricey! Glad you got it.
    Mine purchased directly from Tyler Mfg cost $27.00 plus $6.75 shipping. I have seen them sell much higher than that on ebay. Another reason why I was willing to take a chance on Tyler. This one is the only one I have ever owned.

Barami Hip grip and Tyler T. Classic.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I want one for my Ruger Security six ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I knew of of 'em but shunned 'em like the plague for 35 years, thinking they were a hideously ugly accessory item and a piece of baggage my revolvers could do without. If I bought a revolver at a gun show that had one, I'd make it stay with the seller.

Less than two years ago I finally got around to trying one on my revolver most familiar to me and it made what I thought was a fine and familiar fit to my hand a whole lot better. It was supposed to be only a trial and then the thing was coming off.

A T-Grip with factory stock panels affords great control for a fellow with large hands and long fingers and is a real aid to double-action shooting, something I wouldn't have expected to appreciate.

I still think they look hideously ugly but my main usin' guns are sporting 'em these days.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I have them on several revolvers, and I think everything about them is great except for price and ordering.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    I have them on several revolvers, and I think everything about them is great except for price and ordering.
    The price seems reasonable enough when purchased from the manufacturer. Receiving your T Grip while you're still young enough to use it is quite another matter.

I've got one on my S&W 36. Bought it many years ago. Paid more than the new ones are going for too! But it makes holding a j frame with those tiny little grips easy.
    Question Everything!

Links